Well. Hmm, a quick google turned up this page that shows Einstein, by his own admition, was "forced to cram all this stuff into one's mind for examinations whether one liked it or not." (p3) He argued against this method saying, "even the most voracious beast if forced to eat with a whip incessantly will lose his apatite." Apparently that was his education regardless. �

So that's cool. �Einstein himself agreed with you that the reason we aren't making any new Einstein's today is because "modern methods of instruction (could) entirely strangle the holy curiosity of enquiry."

According to the .gov site, this is how he did it�
"Einstein realized that the world described by Isaac Newton, in which one could add and subtract velocities, and that described by James Clerk Maxwell, in which the speed of light is constant, could not both be right. He decided to solve the problem�and special relativity was the result."
Neato factoid.

So today's �methods of education are no more likely to negate the miracle that kept Einstein-like creative genius from being squashed than when it reAlly happened with the first Einstein. �But I would say we could change the education because it's more humane and we're more evolved. �

If this anecdote from the article is true this is what I would change (if it wasn't true for him it sounds familiar):
"one day his teacher summoned him and told him it would be desirable for him to leave the school. �Astonished at the turn of events young Einstein asked what offense he was guilty of. �The teacher replied "your presence in the class destroys the respect of the students."

In the spirit of that statement I would want to see places of learning stop discrimination against people that value learning. �Just because it's humane. �How hard is that? �And it's not an excuse if the kid is blatantly smarter than the teachers. �
http://employees.csbsju.edu/cgearhart/Courses/Honors210/Einstein/Ein_Symp92.pdf

http://free.ed.gov/resource.cfm?resource_id=2079
K. Now I'm googling kuhn.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar