I find this whole thing quite fascinating.

Tomorrow we are going to sit down with the school principle and try to get DD moved from preschool to reception (K in the US I think). For me this particular discussion has certainly fed my denial and questioning - what if she's not gifted? What if we should let her spend another term in preschool and then 6 terms in reception due to her unfortunate birth date? Maybe she will benefit from all that extra time and being one of the oldest in her class? She misses her friends who went on without her, she is bored and not being challenged, but neither is she out there blazing a trail academically. What if her WPPSI result was a fluke? preschool think she's just like all the other "quite bright" kids in her cohort...

On the other hand, given we were testing for giftedness as per our occupational therapists recommendation, and she is not a reader (or rather she wasn't a month ago when she was tested), and she's basically experienced the complete opposite of coaching academically, chances are that her score is what it is and is more likely to go up than down.

Reading aside, looking at the Ruf estimates for example, her behavior lines up with her IQ... As Dottie says, time will tell and it will be an interesting ride.