DD9 (almost 10) is at a gifted public school. they are 1 year accelerated, he goes up an extra year for Math. Straight A's, no challenge, some annoying busy work and projects, not fitting in with the kids at all. He is unhappy socially, unhappy academically. He says he does learn new things but he wants to move faster and cover more material. Many kids at his school have to work very hard to do well. 5 students dropped out of his class alone (there are 4 or 5 other 4th grade teams)before winter break! It all comes very easy to him.

I don't know what to do. Homeschool? I am intimidated. How do I figure all that out?

Online courses? He is busy with the workload from school, he's not one of those busy beaver kids that wants to do schoolwork 24/7 (although he almost is already,just with busy work) and he doesn't like homework (me either) Poor kid is going to be busy all night COLORING (i could scream) a project for school. He loves to learn and do meaningful work though.

Homeschool with online courses? My head is spinning with this John Hopkins, EPGY... where to start.

Approach the school about letting him do online courses at school? He is unhappy there socially. They don't want to differentiate. i had to go in and fight for the math push.

ack... help??