Originally Posted by bbq797
Please bear with me while I fumble through my explanation...I'm trying to find a book for my son (he's five, but the book could be on any level--I'd probably have to read it w/him anyway) that describes how things (in every day life) change on a molecular (I think) level. For example, what happens when water freezes...I mean he wants to know what happens specifically to the hydrogen and oxygen molecules; same thing for when water boils etc...hmm...I'm trying to think of more examples and coming up blank right now, but that's the gist of it.

If anyone has half a clue what I'm talking about that would be great! Even better if anyone has any suggestions!!

Thanks!

bbq7
Have you seen the simon basher books? Some other thread here recommended them and they are really nicely done. Although I can't remember if they have the exact specificity your DS is looking for.
Basher/Physics

also, if your guy is sciency like mine, you can't go wrong with the brainwaves, we have all of them except the invetors one, and DS LOVES them - he goes back to them again and again because there is so much info there
brainwaves

DeHe