Originally Posted by Bostonian
According to the Bell Curve http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell_Curve, among non-Hispanic whites, the drop-out rate was 0.4% for people with IQ between 110 and 125 and 0% above that.

I can attest to the fact that the dropout rate is not 0% for non-Hispanic whites with IQs over 125. Two close male family members who have IQs over 140 dropped out of high school. Both were also dyslexic, and (much later) went back to school successfully, but clearly, that "0%" is erroneous. I very nearly dropped out of high school myself. If I hadn't enrolled in the science research program, which allowed me to sign myself out of school to go to the university library to do research, I almost certainly would have just stopped attending classes altogether. As it was, I pretty much lived in the university library, but since they were excused absences, it didn't count against me. I showed up mostly for tests and avoided class attendance in most subjects as much as possible - and I was in the top track in a school that practiced ability grouping!