Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: GCN3030 Beast Academy - 08/30/22 08:48 AM
I saw Beast Academy Online recommended in a Davidson Institute blog article, and today I decided to try it out with my 5 year old son. He really likes it. Even though level 1 will mostly be review I had him start at the beginning so he could build some confidence and learn how to navigate the program on relatively easy problems first before getting into the really challenging content. He ended up finishing all the lessons in Chapter 1, and passing the first test in a single day. It was very engaging, the books especially are his favorite part. At one point I even tried to set him up to watch some videos while I went to do something else for bit, but he immediately switched back to the library and started reading the comic books to himself!

The parent area has good analytics and ability to customize things, and the curriculum seems to be pretty rigorous. I like how focused and structured it is while still being silly, game-like, and fun. I got the monthly subscription just to try it out but this seems to be a major hit with my son, I am tempted to go ahead and get an annual subscription as well as all the books.
Posted By: aeh Re: Beast Academy - 08/30/22 03:20 PM
Most of the parents I know who have tried it with their kiddos have had good experiences. (I really wanted to use it, but sadly, it didn't come out until most of my children had passed that point, and the one child still in the range at the time dislikes cute curricula--that's my "just the math" kid!)

Glad you've found something your DC enjoys!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum