Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: ChloeRoe WISC-V percentile and range - 02/16/21 07:42 AM
Hello all, first time poster here. I have just received my 9 year old's WISC-V results but the psych doesn't provide the FSIQ but instead a percentile and range )95% conf interval). Can anyone help me with identifying her FSIQ?

Percentile: 99.9
Range: 139-151

Thank you!
Posted By: aeh Re: WISC-V percentile and range - 02/16/21 11:36 PM
Welcome!

That is how professionals typically do report this type of data, as it more accurately represents the imprecise nature of testing. (I've heard many horror stories of parents who openly compare and differentially treat their children on the basis of a couple of points difference.) I can give you her exact IQ (as likely would the evaluator, if you asked), but I think the more important question is how the overall evaluation results benefit your child, (and what additional value a unitary score would provide).

FWIW, this is in the DYS-qualifying score range (and yes, they would be able to tell that from just the range and percentile).
Posted By: ChloeRoe Re: WISC-V percentile and range - 02/16/21 11:40 PM
Hi aeh, I am serendipitously online! That makes perfect sense re percentile rather than score - but my daughter's school wants a score. I've asked for it, but psych is reluctant, we will see. I would be very grateful if you'd identify the score just for my own knowledge as well!

We are waiting on the final report, but from the parent meeting she has a scaled score of 19 for the VCI and the one with the matrix reasoning and fluid stuff. I am hoping the report will help guide the school with my kid because she def doesn't present as the stereotypical gifted kid.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum