Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: moni When to expect WISC-IV results - 04/06/08 07:29 PM
My DS7 was just administered the WISC-IV last Wednesday (at least I'm thinking it was since he told me it had an IV on it:) I was told he was just going to be given the OLSAT by a school psych. How long in general does it take to get the results back? I'm very anxious to see since we weren't sure our school district would test/screen him for the gifted programs (they don't screen until the end of 2nd grade...he is in 1st grade now, but subject accelerated for LA in a 2nd grade class). The Thurs. following, he said that he was given some other test (he had to write words)...not sure if that is part of the OLSAT or not? Anyway I'm going to e-mail the principal just to find out.
Thanks for any info.
Monica
Posted By: moni Re: When to expect WISC-IV results - 04/07/08 03:52 PM
Thanks Dottie for both of your posts. smile It is very hard waiting for results. My son did mention blocks and patterns he had to make with them. I'll have to ask if he remembers the colors. I do remember from a previous conversation with the GT teacher that the school district does use the WISC and it would make sense that they might use the acheivement test that goes with it. I hope to get an answer soon from the principal to see what tests my son was given then I can read up on them more before any results meeting.
Thanks again for your help Dottie!
Moni
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum