Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: master of none x - 06/22/11 08:50 PM
h
Posted By: chris1234 Re: Transformation of an anti skip teacher - 06/22/11 09:06 PM
DANG! Fantastic story! Thanks for sharing. laugh
great story. Kuddos to you for sticking to your guns
Gosh I am amazed at how you kept your cool and how your daughter managed. Wow. Well done. It's making me think!
Posted By: DeHe Re: Transformation of an anti skip teacher - 06/22/11 10:47 PM
MoN
That's fantastic! And kudos to you and your DD for sticking it out, especially after the gential mutilation assignment!!! Now having gotten through it, it was an awesome teachable moment for your DD about perservence particularly with something difficult to achieve her goals. Also a wonderful lesson that people's preconceived ideas can be challenged, but politely and respectfully and by being true to your own character. And it must have been really difficult to let all that stuff go. Hopefully the next set of teachers will be the gifts you both deserve!!

DeHe
Posted By: Iucounu Re: Transformation of an anti skip teacher - 06/23/11 12:00 AM
Awesome.
Posted By: Eleanor05 Re: Transformation of an anti skip teacher - 06/23/11 12:27 AM
I love your story.
Hooray! Good for you. Wow, you had to put up with a lot. I'm sure your family's experience will help other kids at that school. Kudos.
Beautiful. I'm just so happy and proud of you guys. I love it when life is good.
Hi-5 MoN
Posted By: Kate Re: Transformation of an anti skip teacher - 06/23/11 09:53 AM
That is SO wonderful to hear! Thank you for giving me inspiration in my own situation. We will trying again in the fall.
Posted By: susandj Re: Transformation of an anti skip teacher - 06/23/11 02:21 PM
I have to say that I cannot even begin to fathom how you would be able to let all of those things go. I am very glad it worked out for you, and no doubt if I had been in that situation, I would have ended up with everyone annoyed by me, and my child in a private school somewhere. I am sure I would come across as the pushy aggravating mother, but I would be absolutely incapable of keeping my mouth shut (just ask my husband! He would be able to, but not me.)

I'm so glad it worked out for you. Sounds like a nightmare.
Posted By: Austin Re: Transformation of an anti skip teacher - 06/23/11 03:41 PM
Great story!!!

We are learning to let Mr W sell himself and just stay in the background.

So far he has had one teacher who did not warm to him. And we had to remove him from her class.

I think kids can pick up on the non-verbal cues and react to them...
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum