Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: czechdrum OT: Lorel? - 03/21/08 09:14 PM
Hey Lorel...I need to ask, what's up with the Henry VIII avatar? I admit to being a bit of a tudorphile.

Tara
Posted By: incogneato Re: OT: Lorel? - 03/21/08 09:37 PM
Hey guys,

I am a bit of a period lover myself. Have you been to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. They have these great period rooms from as far back as the 12th century. You can get really immersed in them, very fun.

Incog
Posted By: Lorel Re: OT: Lorel? - 03/22/08 12:49 PM
Tara-

Gosh, we've got to get together in RL sometime! I don't suppose you'll be attending the DYS thing this year?

I got interested into the Tudors a few years ago, when we covered them in history and DD (then four) got excited about them. I've since read a lot about ole Henry and his unfortunate wives and children. DD7 still enjoys them too, so we share books.

LOL, I picked Henry because some folks here didn't like the Medusa head i had after changing from a purple flower. There really are not a lot of stock avatars that show females...

Incog, I have NOT been to the Metropolitan Museum. You sure make it sound enticing!
Posted By: czechdrum Re: OT: Lorel? - 03/22/08 08:39 PM
I'm not sure about the DYS thing. I would love to go, but don't know any of the details, and I've also heard you need to be a YS family for at least 6 months to be able to go. We were just accepted in the last round (Feb).

Tara
Posted By: Lorel Re: OT: Lorel? - 03/22/08 10:48 PM
I wasn't sure if they still had that 6 month rule. There have been a lot of changes as the program has grown. Oh well, maybe next year?
Posted By: bianc850a Re: OT: Lorel? - 03/23/08 01:17 AM
Hi Tara,

Just sent you a PM. Just wanted to make sure you read it.
Posted By: czechdrum Re: OT: Lorel? - 03/23/08 11:47 PM
Thanks for the PMs (from all 3 of you!). smile You all had the same advice, and I will be taking it.

Thanks again.
smile
Tara
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum