My daughter (freshly 7, also freshly assessed as "moderately gifted" via WISC-IV and Kaufman Educational Achievement II)...she scoffs at pretty much anything that resembles curriculum. I can never tell if it's because the material is too easy, too hard, too repetitive, or too...something else entirely. Or maybe it's that *I've* never pushed through hard enough, long enough, for it to be formed into a habit.

I try having heart to heart conversations about what learning means and why it's important, but I don't know how to get her to open up and articulate what exactly is so bothersome about more formal work. Maybe I'm expecting too much for a 7 year old? Or maybe I've never expected enough and now she's spoiled? Maybe school would have served to show her what this type of work is like? She's never experienced a school environment. We've always been pretty relaxed homeschoolers--just creating a learning environment where she can listen to history audiobooks all day long, draw, dance, play violin, participate in local homeschool enrichment classes regularly, etc.

She's on track as far as I can tell academically (capable of 2 grade levels ahead for math/reading comprehension per the Kaufman evaluation), but I want to begin some work with writing/grammar, more difficult math, etc.. Her WISC-IV revealed her verbal comprehension is high compared to her lower working memory, with processing speed and perceptual reasoning falling in between. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with all of this, too, and it could, but either way I still feel stuck and stumped.

I'm still awaiting the full written report from her evaluation and am hoping that will maybe shed some light on this. I also know it's impossible for strangers on the internet to be able to fully assess this given the information I've supplied, but I'd love any commiseration or advice. Is it just always going to be a whiny grump fest for working on lessons at home?