First let me say that I am not a parent who cares that much about the numbers. I'm actually asking more on behalf of DS10 who has been wondering.

DS10 has had two different IQ tests --the wppsi at 4 and the wisc at 9, both as part of a general psychological examination for autism/adhd assessment. Both times his FSIQ was at 112. He was unaware at 9 that he was taking anything resembling IQ test.

The main reason it's come up is that DD11 just took the WISC as part of an application to a gifted school, with a dedicated psychometrist, and has an fsiq of 135. DS10 is also interested in applying but I've told him his scores don't meet the cutoff, and he (as he can get obsessed over things) keeps wondering how much higher his score would be if he had known that he was taking an IQ test, and if it was with someone who was skilled at giving the test. I've acknowledged that it probably could be higher, and that his 2e status might have also lowered the fsiq a bit, but that it probably wouldn't be significantly higher (I've also informed him that there's a 24-month wait period anyway). But I do want to make sure I'm not just blowing smoke up his butt! If in a year he's still interested in applying to that school, I might decide to let him take the wisc again, but it is $400 out of pocket so...

DS5 is probably also going to soon be taking the wppsi as part of an autism evaluation so it's gonna start the questions up again. He's undoubtedly gifted but his socio-emotional age is apparently at 22months, so I'm not sure he'll even sit still for a test! But DS10 is basically asking a lot of questions i can't answer, including how DS5 is likely to perform if he can't even pay attention