Starting a new thread because it's that time of year and I'm panicky and hogging the board.

I just went through and read all of my old posts because I am trying to gain some perspective on this situation.

(It didn't work, really, just produced a lot of anxiety.)

I am almost certain I've decided we can't do this anymore. Supporting DS' EF without an IEP is a full-time job and is interfering with my other responsibilities and general sanity level.

In the middle of the night--DS came into my room, told me he loved me a few times, then went back to bed. This morning, I had trouble waking him (as always) and had a few moments of sheer panic that he had actually offed himself.

This is not healthy.

I have some ideas for next year:

Idea #1: Part time regular MS, part time homeschool.

Idea #2: Full time regular MS, send him in without help or meds (which he has a really hard time with) and let them decide whether or not they "suspect a disability."

Idea #3: Have his psychiatrist document that he is "medically fragile" so he can do virtual school without our having to pay for it.

Idea #4: Just quit, "unschool," leave him alone, and try to get the rest of my life in order.

This situation is ridiculous, overwhelming, and all-consuming.

Any thoughts about my Ideas 1-4? Taking a *gap year* at age 13 seems a little unconventional, but he still wouldn't be behind as far as credits go.