He was tested on the WISC IV and id'd as gifted. WM average and Processing Speed 34%ile. His lowest subtest score was on sequencing, where he got an 8. Psychologist suggested he may have some issues there and recommended further testing, which we did not do at the time.

We're homeschooling now, but plan to put him in school in the fall. I'm considering options for grade/subject level placement. I think he's compensating in math (see above info). He doesn't like math, though I think he is working a year above age level. I'm not sure though. Do you think a subject acceleration in math would be a good idea?

Ds is nearly 10 and uses Singapore Math 4B. Topics he's covered in math this year include factors, simplifying fractions/mixed numbers, adding and subtracting fractions (like and different denominators), measuring angles, area and perimenter of rectangles and composite figures, multiplying and dividing decimals, and volume of cuboids. What do fourth graders (using Everyday Math curriculum, especially) do in math in the public schools?

And if he IS compensating in math at home (one-on-one), could he handle continuing to work at this level in a classroom? I don't want him to sit in the classroom and practicing spacing out.

Wish I could see into the future, but I'm hoping for your thoughts.

Thanks!