Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2
    #238318 05/12/17 09:46 AM
    N
    OP Offline
    N
    My daughter took her first AP test in Human Geography. I know today is the last day for all the AP testing. Have your kids said anything about them

P
    P
    DS says they were "ok". That's about as descriptive as he ever gets about anything!

DS and I are both glad they're over smile For this year smile

polarbear

N
    OP Offline
    N
    I guess on hers Twitter was a buzz because of some essay question that wasn't covered in any kids AP Geography class

K
    K
    My daughter said the same thing. Multiple choice was pretty solid; on the written portion, most of the questions were "fine" but one of the essay questions seemed to be out of the blue.

B
    B
    My son is a senior he took AP CS (easy) AP Physics 1 (not bad) and SP Physics 2 (difficult). Seems it's useless for him to have taken Physics 2. But it's done.

Three more weeks of school and then he graduates. Only English & Government with stuff to do.

C
    C
    My son took three this year and just has 8 days left of school! AP Stastistics was his easiest. The other two were harder.

N
    N
    DS had two APs this year, scheduled on the same day. So he opted for Bio on the given day: closer to the preps in class, less brain drain. He thinks he did okay. He'd also been working with a tutor on test-taking and overcame a lot of his test quirks. Music theory he took a week and a half after everyone else, so he was in a room with another student in the testing office. He said he had trouble with time management on this one.

Bluemagic, there is no AP Physics 2 class, is that right? But the test is still offered? (DS did the same last year, took AP Physics 1, but both tests)

C
    C
    Originally Posted by NotherBen
    Bluemagic, there is no AP Physics 2 class, is that right? But the test is still offered? (DS did the same last year, took AP Physics 1, but both tests)

Oh goodness gracious, don't give my son any ideas! He is taking AP physics next year and either 2 or 3 other APs (depends on the instructor for one if it is a certain teacher he will drop it). He doesn't need to know he can take two Physics tests.

N
    N
    Our school encourages the students to take both, because the curriculum supports it. I didn't know until DS told me the teacher had told them to sign up for both, and the school confirmed when I was signing him up for the tests!

DD16 took 6 AP exams in all this year. I know, I know, 6 is too many... but you try telling her to take her foot off the accelerator.

Psych - was determined to be "not bad".
    Calc AB - was worrisome in how easy it seemed. Anyone else's kiddos like this - the easier a "hard" exam feels, the more worried they get?
    Physics I - also determined to be "not too bad".
    Micro Econ - hated the class/hated the test.
    Macro Econ - ditto.
    Lit and Comp - she felt the essay question for the student selected work was tailor-made for one of the books she read. Now DD is a voracious reader, so the odds of her not having a book in the can for that question were low.

Best of luck,
    --S.F.

For gifted children, doing nothing is the wrong choice.
    Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM