Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 600 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    A
    OP Offline
    A
    PARTICIPATE IN A RESEARCH STUDY ON GIFTED TEENS

Is your child gifted and between 12-17 years old?
    Does your family reside in the U.S.?
    If so, consider participating in an exciting new research study on the development of intelligence and emotionality in gifted children!

My name is Ana�s Wong. I am completing a doctoral degree in clinical psychology at the California School of Professional Psychology in San Francisco, CA. I have worked intensively with gifted children and adults as part of my training at Summit Center (Walnut Creek, CA), was a research assistant for SENG's Medical Misdiagnosis of Gifted Children Initiative, and co-presented results with Dr. Stephen Chou and Dr. Jim Webb at the 2014 SENG conference. I plan to devote my career to research and care for the gifted. My doctoral thesis is the only remaining step to graduation to move on to serving the gifted community.

If you would like to participate, you will receive an exclusive research-based presentation on human intelligence and giftedness and be the first to learn of the study results!
    TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS STUDY, click on www.giftednessresearch.webs.com
    To check if you�re eligible, click on https://goo.gl/forms/gb3WWUahgtwpirL92
    To contact me directly for more information, email me at awongyuen@alliant.edu

Thank you for your contribution to scientific research devoted to the gifted cause!
    Ana�s Wong, M.A.
    Doctoral Student in Clinical Psychology - Sixth Year
    California School of Professional Psychology
    Alliant International University

F
    F
    It would be helpful to list information about the study itself - study design, objective, duration :-).

C
    C
    The link provides details on the study. My question is - is the described 60 minutes for 2 assessments the full extent of the participation? No follow-up, future assessments, etc?

A
    OP Offline
    A
    Research is on the joint development of intellect and emotionality in gifted youth.

For this study, volunteers complete 2 measures (40-60min):
    - an online Questionnaire on personality
    - an online Aptitude Test on emotions

Their parent/guardian give me (10-20min):
    - volunteer's basic demographic information (age, gender, school grade, parents' level of education, etc.)
    - volunteer's IQ score

Yes, 60 minutes is the full extent of participation for young volunteers, plus 10-20 minutes for parents. One time measures, no follow-up.

However, these are conservative estimates. The average time spent in completing the child measures has so far been 25.4 minutes. No average available for parents.

Thank you for your interest! I have worked hard to make this study as smooth as possible for participants. There is no other hidden commitment and it is all online: http://giftednessresearch.webs.com/ =]

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM