Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #91896 01/01/11 02:44 PM
    S
    Sync Offline OP
    OP Offline
    S
    Hi all,

In my current eLearning research at Oxford University, exploring how high ability children learn in collaboration with each other, I have become fascinated by the concept of 'intellectual confidence'. This little video blog takes a look at this phenomenon and discusses why it's so important for our children ...

I think that educational self confidence comes from meeting someone on their own level and teaching them how to use all the common tools available, right? �I think they call it "teaching in the zone of proximal development" which honors any students intelligence and increases their capabilities. �Is there a better path to better self-confidence? �If you don't understand well then you just need someone who is patient who has already learned that skill to pull out their box of crayolas and show you so can understand it. �What else should or can I be doing for my kids right now besides being enthusiastic myself and telling them that trial and error has error in it, but that's how you get results; am I already doing the right thing? �They said it was a university research project to be used for the betterment of schools. �Is there any advice from the findings that I should use at home? �Overall I feel like maybe it's related to Carol Dweck's self theories which basically says you can improve, and outlines a number of problems with believing your intelligence is fixed, universally, across the board because that belief makes most people at any LOG afraid to learn. �So is that your research,?, how to reach people and say, look! �You're hindering yourself unless you learn how flexible and teachable you really are.

How do you do that?

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    Y
    Y
    Thank you ^^

Last edited by yamasaki; 02/15/11 01:34 AM.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM