Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 209 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #155023 04/30/13 04:44 PM
    OP Offline
    I realize I'm not on here much, and may have missed an announcement, but where is Grinity?

She (?) was a regular contributor to the forums. I assume she works for Davidson or else is dedicated to the gifted needy poster, and her "two-cents" are missed.

Ametrine

F
    F
    I miss her contributions too !

Well, I am flattered with the idea that maybe I work for Davidson, but so far, no offers! smile

I've been busy with work, and also my meditation training - it's a 2 year program which may someday be a 'Masters of Heart Studies' and I'm half way through. Just sent my son a text message picture of the 'Very Good' that was written by my teacher on my Final Exam. Lots of it is online and it is very intense. My classmates are very grateful for the experience I've gained participating in this Online Community, even though they don't know about you. They find my 'Grinity-superpowers' very impressive, but you and I know it was practice, practice, practice with a bit of raw talent and lots of motivation to help gifted families.

If anyone is interested in an 8 week intro to the kind of Meditation I've been doing, link is
    http://appliedmeditation.org/IAM-U/courses/101_heart_rhythm_meditation.php

They aren't aware that they have created a meditation that really suits us Gifties well, but they did anyway!

Husband is well, Son is well and a Senior in High School. Looking at Colleges has been fun, and I'll post the highlights as they roll in. DS17 did research in a lab this past summer and it went well. I never really expected to have 'that kind' of gifted kid, but now I do!!!!

Did I mention that last Spring break DS asked me: 'Mom, what's the point of video games? Aren't they kind of a giant timewaster?'

Good thing I was sitting down.

Slide me an email over at SchoolSuccessSolution at Gmail.com if I'm being too lax about checking in over here. I've really enjoying hearing all the good reports on 'our kids.'

Love and More Love,
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    P
    P
    I was wondering too. Glad you are doing well.

B
    B
    It's really nice to see your post. I just found the forum right before you (&Dottie) began to frequent it less often. I am glad that I found the forum in time. You were helpful, and offered hope for the future for my ds, and helped me with a good point of view. Your stories reminded me of my ds stories. On the note I am glad to hear that your ds is doing well.

OP Offline
    Welcome Back, Grinity! smile

Thanks for the warm welcome. smile

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students