Hi,

I am in the process of putting together a "package" to bring with me as I begin advocating a grade-skip of kindergarten for my son. (My husband and I are looking for a grade-skip as well as some subject-acceleration). In the package, I plan on including his IQ/achievement test results, samples of some of his work, and a list of books he has read. I also plan on including some articles about highly gifted children, acceleration, etc. I'm pretty overwhelmed at the many articles that are available (especially from Hoagie's page). I don't want to bring too many. So, my question for you is this, what articles on highly gifted children, acceleration, or the social/emotional development of gifted children did you bring to your school? Were there any that really captured the school's attention and made a difference?

Thanks so much for any guidance or suggestions that you have. This will be my husband's and my first advocacy effort, so any advice from someone who has BTDT is greatly appreciated! smile