Hi all. smile I have been reading post's but haven't had much to share since we are still in a holding pattern regarding ds's education. Recap: DS(7) is in 1st grade waiting on an end of the 2nd grade year exam that was supposed to happen before Spring Break. Teacher went on maternity leave mid-year and seems overwhelmed throughout this school year.

As far as I know DS has not been tested. We just came back from spring break this week so hopefully they will get right to it. I emailed the teacher asking how testing went and asked for a meeting to discuss ds's option's with her and the principal. I am awaiting a response.

I have not hot-housed at all. I was going to but then thought better of it. If he is missing key components I felt it would be in his best interest that it was transparent. That way I can ask for materials that sync with the curriculum and teach him over the summer in the event of a grade skip. This could backfire of course but I still went with my gut and haven't supplemented at all.

I am feeling apprehensive about the coming up meeting. blush Since I am getting anxious I though it would be a good idea to post a follow-up here and ask if there is anything I should be doing in anticipation of the future meeting?

Thanks for your support.

Last edited by xoxosmom; 04/23/09 12:53 PM.