My DS10 was tested two years ago (2nd grade, 8 yo), my DD was just tested this year (2nd grade, 8 yo). Their scores are as follows:

WISC iv:
DS
VCI 158
PRI 115
WM 120
PSI 97

DD
VCI 158
PRI 129
WM 123
PSI 103

Obviously, the two of them are quite similar. Just as a random aside, I feel DD’s scores are an accurate reflection (given notes from the tester, etc.), DS’s could be slightly deflated in some areas (unlikely VCI) due to his own attitude, a timed component to the WM subtest, and (very) poor relationship with the tester. That said, I would by no means think it would be significantly higher - there aren’t any big surprises on his. I will also note that he is somewhat of a 2e kid, with some sensory issues as well as that processing disparity.

I am wondering about both their significant strength and their relative weakness. I’m at a point with our school and district where I have attention and possible support for some changes and further accommodations. But I need to educate them as well - this is a new administration, and they have limited/no experience with kids like this. Likewise, I have a teacher who is *eager* to learn more - I’d love to steer her towards a few high quality articles quickly, so she can get started with the best, then search further through the quality sites like SENG further on her own. Likewise I’d like to provide our principal with a few; she’s unlikely to go much further so its critical I have top notch materials to start out.

So my questions are:

What are your top picks for articles/information on gifted ed - looking for both the ‘why’ and the ‘how’.
What are your top picks for articles on the gifted child (frustrations explained, emotional issues, asynchrony, etc.)?
3) Do you have advice for me, given their profiles?
4) For those who have had success in working with schools, what types of accommodations have been made for your kids and what has worked/not worked?

Thanks in advance!