First let me tell you a little bit about my child. He is extremely bright. He taught himself to read at 2 by using two books and words he could pick out. These where "Hop on Pop" and "Pizza Pat." He can tell you this story to this day. He is still a great reader. He refers to it as a super power. He can study for and test that he might have a study sheet on by simply reading the study sheet once. At that time it is locked in. He is a reader and a writer. He has great hand writing, I have even called it "girl" like it is so neat. Once he was struggling with science and I ask what he could do to help his situation. He said read. He headed up stairs and read everything. The entire book. And could answer questions on it. It took him no time to do this.
Yet, He can not find his spoon in his cereal bowl or a pair of shoes in a room. He simply does not see it. He is at a loss.
He does not seem to do near as well with verbal learning which is odd for me.(I'm a 100% auditory learner, I hear it I know it)
Which is why I am now here. He recently took his re-eval for gifted class. He is getting excited again about being in this class. One of his best friends is now in it and two boys, from what I have read is better than just one. Yet his test results make no since to me and I have researched all day.
He took the WISC-IV and it seem that is an all verbal test.
His scores are as follows.
VC
Sim - 14
Voc - 12
Comp - 13
WM
DS - 11
LMS - 11
PR
BD - 8
PC - 12
MR - 11
PS
Cod - 6
SS - 11

VCI 116
PRI 102
WMI 104
PSI 91

FSIQ 107

The tester even question these results as they are lower than previous test by far. His TCAP test for state testing had slipped as he was really fed up with school but this was something he wanted thus my confusion.

at 5 he took the Stanford-binet and scored a 137 verbal if i remeber correctly I do not have that test in front of me.

He had been previously diagnosed with ADHD as well but actually took himself off meds to "make it on his own" He has shown a lot of maturity this year. He is 11 now and a 5th grader. and bored to tears with school.