Maybe it's some more end of the year-itis... But dd8 (hg/eg-right on the line) has been in trouble twice in the past week for getting angry and saying mean things to classmates. She has had particular trouble with group work. She was recently moved to a new group. Her teacher has trouble placing her with the other "high ability" kids in class because she wants to run the show. She manages to stick out like a sore thumb, even when grouped with the HA kids.
So now, she's in a group with two special ed kids and a little girl who is a major discipline problem. I think her teacher's rationale was that dd running the show in that group might be a good thing. Not such a good thing...
The teacher is probably going to move her, and we've been working on "accountable talk" and steps to calm herself when she's angry or frustrated. We're meeting with the GT coordinator and principal tomorrow evening. After her Explore test came back, they want to consider some form of acceleration. I was impressed when the GT coordinator said to me, "I'm not sure GT classes will be enough." At least they're thinking about what to do with her. I'm just worried her recent outbursts might make them reconsider. To me, her frustration is more evidence that regular curriculum isn't working well for her. I'm not sure acceleration will fix that, but it can't get much worse socially for her at this point. She has a few friends, but she's being so mean and surly, I'm surprised they're putting up with her!

Any insight?