At the beginning of the year, the teacher set up an entirely separate curriculum for DS7 to keep him challenged. I appreciated it more than she will ever know, but it didn't work. The gifted program is a joke at this school - it's 30 minutes a week, and half the time the teacher doesn't even show up. Then his teacher found a math program where he could "test out" of certain subjects and keep going at his own pace. Still way too easy for him. Now they have him in a second grade class for math (he's actually in first). But he only ends up going 2-3 times a week, because he always has to go with his class to art, music, etc. (I'm all for the arts in school, but for it to override math? Really?) As if that isn't bad enough, missing half the classes is not affecting his grade - he is STILL getting straight 100's! Good grades are fantastic, but he's not getting a challenge at all, and I don't want him to develop a habit of being lazy in school. It's virtually impossible to get a kid skipped in this district, and now he's starting to get bored and not try as hard - his reading level actually DECREASED last grading period, and I know he hasn't lost the ability to read. So I don't see much chance of being able to convince the district to skip him. I'm completely frustrated and out of ideas. We do supplement at home, but that does nothing to relieve the seven hours of boredom while he's at school every day. Anyone have any ideas that I haven't already tried?