we are new to this country and after searching for several months over the last year, i found that ED Hirsch book on what kindergartener/ first grader needs know and subsequently with the gathered info we started shurley english and saxon math for my preschool kid. she goes to half day preschool and work for another 1- 1 1/2 hr at home before she start playing with her friends
over the last 6 months she is almost finishing her first grade math and midway through her shurley english curriculum
i recently got 2nd grade math and it looks like she already know 1/2 of 2nd grade curriculum ( most of 2nd grade initial half is kind of repetition of later half of 1st grade)
shurey english she finished grammer concepts and others (after 14/27 lessons there are no new concepts, just repetitions to master the learned skills)
I was giving random chapters and DD is doing effortlessly
i was wondering how to go on like this....
she is already allowed to skip her kindergarten and by summer i am sure, we are halfway through her second grade....
i am not able to believe myself how DD is doing this,but when i test DD is making no mistakes
i am worried about burn out...........
any suggestions about other curriculum or experience with above curricula or any comments of burn out please