GS8's teacher this year was the first to say the 'g' word(gifted) when talking about GS. His other teachers said 'very bright', 'amazing how well he's doing, considering what he's gone through', etc.
But, the other thing she said, "he's a 'right fighter'" was also on the mark. I had warned his previous teachers not to get into any debates with him, no one wins. This trait of 'always right' seems to be common among gifted kids. Add in a high personal moral standard, and they can be real pains in the neck!
Don't get me wrong, I love my GS8 and will keep him until it's time for him to head off to MIT, Texas A&M, or Ohio State University, grin, but boy, can he wear a person out! He is one of those high activity kids and usually does best when doing two things at once.

I'm having some peace & quiet today as GS is visiting his other GP's. I'm doing laundry, preparing for tomorrow, and getting things ready to do some rehab in our kitchen. I love to plaster, and repair plaster walls, and other rehab in our 200 year old house.