Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 186 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    K
    K
    Ha Ania! That just makes me laugh! Talking to people like this makes me wonder how they'd score on their own testing material! crazy I know I've had to wonder about the screening process our district uses to hire some of their employees.

LOL!!! Hopefully you will get your info before the test! :-)

We haven't gotten the ticket yet either but my DS isn't testing until February. I know I am supposed to send in his achievement testing to them but do they ask for it when they send me the info or am I just supposed to send it in with maybe a copy of their confirmation e-mail? And do I then just use any address I can find on the website? They didn't make this part very clear (at least not to me but I may have missed it). We signed up through BESTS.

This is my first time doing this so forgive my ignorance! :-)

So you think I don't have to send in the proof? They certainly didn't seem to be concerned about it when I registered him as it was very unclear on how/where to send it. Maybe I should just wait and see if they ask? Or do you think I'll never get a ticket if I don't send it? I haven't gotten any information at all but we just registered mid-December and the test isn't until the end of February. Maybe I should wait and see. Or should I call and ask?

So it takes awhile to get the results, huh? Our achievement testing is done here in April and we don't get the results until sometime in late September which I think is ridiculous. Does it take that long to get the explore results?

My DS is soooooo excited about taking this test which I think is funny. He loves achievement testing for some reason and can't wait to do this one! I hope it will be a good experience for him.

Maybe you'll get your stuff soon! :-)

Thanks! I bet they don't really care either but if they do hopefully they will contact me to let me know.

Glad to know the results don't take months and months! LOL!!! I'm really curious to see how he is going to do. I don't know what good it might do if he does really well, but I am thinking it might give me something to wave in the school's face. And if he doesn't do well, they need never know! :-)

I'll also say good luck to all January testers!!! Hope it goes well!

Our posts crossed so I didn't see yours before I posted my last one.

How did I miss that address??? I saw it said you needed to send a copy but I missed the address. I guess all that multitasking will eventually make your brain go to jello - at least that is how mine feels sometimes! Sorry that I missed that and thank you for supplementing my jello brain. :-)

I guess I'll send the results with a copy of the e-mail confirmation so they will know who he is.

Thanks again! (said sheepishly)

Yeah, did I mention that I was in a gifted program as a kid???? LOL!!! I think they'd kick me out if I was in one today. blush

But I'll get by with a little help from my friends!!! wink

(oooooohhhhh I figured out how to do the pretties with typing - you do a colon mark and then type in wink, laugh, smile, etc. and then end with another colon.)

D
    D
    EandCmom and everyone,

My kids are registered through BESTS also. DS11 took the EXPLORE with them last year after we sent in his Terra Nova results. This year, as a returning participant, they did not require his 6th grade ITBS scores.

My daughter is signed up to take the ACT with BESTS which will be her first talent search. I had corresponded with a BESTS representative regarding her qualifications as her highest sub scores fell at the 94th percentile. We were granted permission to sign her up, but they did require that I send in the grade level achievement test results.

My son is also taking the ACT on the same date, but through MATS, as BESTS does not offer it to 6th grade students. MATS had not contacted me regarding his qualifications but has already send his packet to our home. My impression is that they are not as discriminating as BESTS.

We are still waiting on the EXPLORE info for a Jan test date also.

I would like to add my best wishes to all our kids here! My son enjoyed the experience last year and was even offered a grade skip based (partly) on his results. I think it is well worth the fifty bucks in comparison to the cost of other assessments.

delbows - thanks for the information. Did you send in the results with some sort of information to let them know who he is or with the confirmation e-mail??? I was wondering if they'd send me something first to send with it or if I just need to go ahead and get it in. This is our first talent search so I am not at all sure how I need to do things and obviously my reading the web site isn't working too well for me. smile

Great about your son being offered a grade skip last year!!! Did you have the scores sent directly to the school or did you just take them in? My DS is a 2e and I'm not sure how it will all play out so I didn't have the scores sent to the school but I am hoping he will do well enough that I can show the school the results. But if not, it doesn't really matter, he's just excited to take the test and I figure the experience with any standardized testing will be beneficial for testing in the future.

Good luck to your kids!!!

wink smile shocked smirk (Dottie I am going to end up in prison with Incog!!!!) laugh

Yes, EandCmom, but by the time you get there, I will have already escaped!!!!!!!!!!
    Incog

Incog - you are so right! And with the way my brain is working I will NEVER be able to escape!!!!!! wink

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM