Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 216 guests, and 18 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    I'm telling you Kriston!!!!!!!! You are like my twin family!!!!!!! It's freaking me out!!!!!!!!!

DS6 is DD8
    DS3 is DD5

Don't forget, both my girls are 99%. Gosh, I really hope I don't have to type that out one more time. smile
    The second ones like to hide and are stubborn like their moms!

I

ROFL!

I'm glad you're there ahead of me so you can keep feeding me the answers. I swear, I feel so clueless with #2!

Shall we set up the kids? DS6 likes older girls, I know. DS3 is in the "I hate girls" phase, but when he gets past that, I suspect he'll like older women, too.

We could share PG grandkids! :p

Kriston
    How fun! If DS3 "hates girls" he'll probably still love C-Dog. She rolls with the boys just as well as with the girls!
    We'll have to set up DS6 and DD8 down the road. Right now she is just "tooooo mature" for boys, she is just "so" over it!
    Although, you as a mother-in-law would be an exciting prospect for any young lady your son chooses down the road. You should see my train wreck of a monster-in-law.
    OMG
    I never thought I was crazy mom..........until now! Planning........8yo...........wedding...........I'm losing it!

I

LMom #9781 02/26/08 03:46 PM
    K
    OP Offline
    K
    #2's personality... let's just say the pages in the books about emotional excitabilities are almost worn out in this house. I like to describe her as passionate. Ask for a hug and you'll get a kiss... but when she is mad... (apple/tree so i can't complain). her emotional outburst exceed any physical pain cries. her imagination village is amazing but sometimes hard for her to pull out and hear... At pre-school she is doing well with others has some issues not talking when the teacher is but apparently it is worst during "alpha bear" "hi i'm the letter b" (you know where I'm going). I think she'd love k - but the k program at #1's school is all day and doesn't involve freeplay or really play. If it was halfday... but all day of that - maybe she'd be ok but I'd fear I was stealing playtime from her she'll never get back. What I don't know is if she was offered a challenge how she would respond... she writes well (as much as little kids do)... her reading is only ... i have no idea like 70% of a dr. suess maybe... I don't knwo what kids do in K. I've only seen at #1's school and i don't go in often enough to get a clue. i figure i'll go observe some like i did with 1st grades last year. we do need a handwriting camp here though #1's is well not according to the "how-to". should have given her a guide to follow years ago.

Originally Posted by incogneato
    How fun! If DS3 "hates girls" he'll probably still love C-Dog. She rolls with the boys just as well as with the girls!
    We'll have to set up DS6 and DD8 down the road. Right now she is just "tooooo mature" for boys, she is just "so" over it!
    Although, you as a mother-in-law would be an exciting prospect for any young lady your son chooses down the road. You should see my train wreck of a monster-in-law.
    OMG
    I never thought I was crazy mom..........until now! Planning........8yo...........wedding...........I'm losing it!

I

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I literally snorted when I read this!

You're not crazy--I'm the one who brought up marrying off our kids. (Though you do like me, so there is THAT obvious problem for you to overcome...)

<snort>

Kriston
    Originally Posted by kickball
    #2's personality... let's just say the pages in the books about emotional excitabilities are almost worn out in this house. I like to describe her as passionate.

Oh, boy, do I hear you on that! That's DS3 to a tee!

Kriston
    K
    K
    Originally Posted by Kriston
    Originally Posted by kickball
    #2's personality... let's just say the pages in the books about emotional excitabilities are almost worn out in this house. I like to describe her as passionate.

Oh, boy, do I hear you on that! That's DS3 to a tee!

We are right there with you! DD3 (#2) is absolutely wearing us out in this arena! She came out of preschool heaving and sobbing today like the world is coming to an end. Because she couldn't get her hat on right. crazy

kimck #9796 02/26/08 05:32 PM
    OMG!!! I do NOT want to set your DD3 and my DS3 up, kimck! The genetics there for the poor grandkids would be AWFUL! That's DS3 EXACTLY! Oh, the wailing, the sorrow...

Sound and fury, signifying NOTHING!

Kriston
    K
    K
    Originally Posted by Kriston
    OMG!!! I do NOT want to set your DD3 and my DS3 up, kimck! The genetics there for the poor grandkids would be AWFUL! That's DS3 EXACTLY! Oh, the wailing, the sorrow...

Sound and fury, signifying NOTHING!

ROFL! laugh You're right! Let's keep these 2 apart. Non-stop drama fest.

Sadly, I think I was exactly this type of child growing up. crazy

kimck #9808 02/26/08 06:22 PM
    See, I wasn't and neither was DH. We are both very practical people.

How did this little genetic wrench get thrown in our works!?!

(I say that, but I wouldn't trade the positive aspects of his passionate nature for anything: his contagious, wild laughter, his loving kisses and cuddles that last forever, his imagination, etc. He's such a fun kid...when I don't feel like wringing his neck! LOL!)

Kriston
    Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM