Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links
DITD Logo

Learn about the Davidson Academy’s online campus for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S.

The Davidson Institute for Talent Development is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Davidson Fellows Scholarship
  • Davidson Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute
  • DITD FaceBook   DITD Twitter   DITD YouTube
    The Davidson Institute is on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

How gifted-friendly is
    your state?

Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update

Who's Online
    1 registered (Wren), 0 Guests and 166 Spiders online.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Clara Tim, markhogue, John Henderson, wm97, oliviazimmerman
    10844 Registered Users
    October
    Su M Tu W Th F Sa
    1 2 3
    4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    11 12 13 14 15 16 17
    18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    25 26 27 28 29 30 31
    Page 100 of 263 < 1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 262 263 >
    Topic Options
    #91051 - 12/13/10 01:28 PM Re: The ultimate brag thread [Re: RobotMom]
    HelloBaby Offline

Kerry - Your DD is so sweet.

#91263 - 12/17/10 11:59 AM Re: The ultimate brag thread [Re: CFK]
    treecritter Offline

My first grader was the first in his class to meet his AR goal - almost a month early and reading books at an end of third grade level!

#91378 - 12/21/10 09:01 AM Re: The ultimate brag thread [Re: CFK]
    Lori H. Offline

My 12 year old son took an end of semester test in his writing composition class yesterday even though he was sick with a bad cold. The sniffles did not stop him, wearing an uncomfortable scoliosis brace didn't stop him, lack of sleep did not stop him, and his dysgraphia did not stop him even though there were several essay questions on the test. He had earned A+ on almost every writing assignment in the class and was determined to keep his A for the semester. He had earned those A+ papers even though he had to work around frequent migraines. He also got an A+ on a one-page paper he had to write in his history class last week.

Also, one week before his last performance, three of the boys in his musical theater group had something come up where they couldn't do the show. There were several last minute changes to the choreography and my son had to do more solos than he is used to doing, but he did very well.

#91414 - 12/21/10 05:38 PM Re: The ultimate brag thread [Re: CFK]
    La Texican Offline

Loc: South Texas
    Yay Lori. Give him a big old pat on the back for sticking with taking the writing class. I remember it was a new experience and on a trial basis. He gets an extra A+ in perseverance! He's doing quite well to follow a schedule, keep his commitments, and keep going with two full projects.

#91466 - 12/23/10 04:46 AM Re: The ultimate brag thread [Re: CFK]
    chris1234 Offline

Ds10 earned a gift card for selling cub scout popcorn this year, and wants me to take him to the store so he can get presents for me and dh, which I thought was really sweet.
    Dd4 was very funny last night, she was asking about all sorts of things as usual, and finally I said 'it's bedtime, you have too stop asking questions for tonight.' She said, 'it's just how god made me, he put too many questions in my head!'.

#91469 - 12/23/10 07:22 AM Re: The ultimate brag thread [Re: CFK]
    Ellipses Offline

Loc: Colorado
    We have really been enjoying our BS popcorn.

#91472 - 12/23/10 08:18 AM Re: The ultimate brag thread [Re: chris1234]
    Grinity Offline

Loc: Connecticut
    Originally Posted By: chris1234
    She said, 'it's just how god made me, he put too many questions in my head!'.

Love It!

#91858 - 01/01/11 12:52 AM Re: The ultimate brag thread [Re: CFK]
    Giftodd Offline

Loc: Australia
    Don't know of this counts as a brag...

Dd5 has decided in recent weeks she thinks it would be pretty cool to be an astronaut. It's kind of cool to know that if that's still what she wants when she's big enough to make the choice for real - she actually could be!!

#91909 - 01/01/11 05:23 PM Re: The ultimate brag thread [Re: Giftodd]
    RobotMom Offline

Loc: in a happier place
    The astronaut idea is big here too, except that DD7.5 wants to be an artist for NASA, so she wants to draw what she sees in space, rather than take photos of it!

While visiting family for Christmas, DD2.5 was helping me wrap DH's present. She then said that she wanted to write who it was to and from, so with very little help from me, she wrote (legibly) Daddy and her own name.
    She was so excited she wanted him to open it immediately!

Then on our trip home yesterday we were in a restaurant and she wrote her name again, this time with no help from me at all!

#91972 - 01/03/11 01:57 PM Re: The ultimate brag thread [Re: CFK]
    La Texican Offline

Loc: South Texas
    The boy (3 yrs. Old) doesn't quite get "jobs" yet. He just gets on his Harley davidson trike and says "tell me bye, i'm going to work" and zooms off down the hallway. Or says "bye. I'm going to the HEB (grocery store) and zooms off to the kitchen. What a life. He only thinks of going to work or shopping for groceries, just like his dad.
    He did get a fisher-price garbage truck for christmas with plastic recycling pieces. He put the pieces in the back of his toy F-150 pickup (even though we drive chevy). I told him "those go in the garbage truck". He said "no, look. That's not trash. There's food on them. I'm going to feed the cows." (it was a box of canned peas).
    Guess that's not a brag. He has too much sense and little imagination. But maybe it's a future in agriculture. Lord, I just hope it's not bull riding.

Giftodd, maybe one day your daughter and I can sit around daydreaming of designing the starship enterprise. There's got to be something past the moon.

Page 100 of 263 < 1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 262 263 >

Moderator:  M-Moderator 
    Recent Posts
    Full time in person learning-accommodati
    on for ADD

by aeh
    Yesterday at 12:28 PM
    Grading practices
    by aeh
    10/18/20 12:49 PM
    The Politics of Gifted Education
    by Eagle Mum