Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 210 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22
    Oh, I loved this tread - it kept me busy! smile

S
    S
    I'm new around here, but I had to post. I watched the intro to Hoarders, stopped and went to the kitchen. Ran a huge load of silverware and glasses, found the bottom of the sink, scrubbed it clean, ran the disposer, and made dinner. Now I can relax and 'enjoy' Hoarders.

I bought my first house in August and we are still surrounded by the boxes and have dropped into CHAOS. Maybe it's time to pick up FlyLady again.

Thanks!

N
    Nik Offline
    N
    Spoonie, that's hilarious, I just read this entire thread, I had never heard of Fly-lady before, but what a great idea! I may run through it just for fun even though I now live in a pretty spotless organized environment.

My home was a never ending disaster zone while the kids were little and I just kept repeating the mantra "cleaning the house while the kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk while its still snowing". I have so many precious photos of my girls when they were little that I can never share due to the horrendous conditions in the background!

I did always keep my bedroom and the living room picked up and vacuumed for my sanity zones but I never thought of the positive psychological effects on the whole family of overall cleanliness and order in the home.

When I moved to a smaller place, I never could unpack most of my boxes and then I got remarried to a neat freak who already had a nicely furnished and immaculate home, so more of my stuff went into boxes. There definitely is something so harmonious and peaceful about a clean home, we now call it our tranquility base. I can't imagine how we got along in such chaos before!

For over 5 years, I have had roughly 30 moving boxes in storage in a garage and the thoughts of going through them just made me cringe but I "just knew" there were precious and valuable things in those boxes so I couldn't bear to part with them. This year, I finally decided it had to be done, and I am proud to say I have taken 2 pick up truck loads to the goodwill and a ginormous load to the dump. I also found space in our tranquility base for a few things that I really love. I still have a little ways to go, but it feels so good to finally unload and let go. I just have to pick non-sentimental days to work on it or I'll spend a whole day in memory lane and end up sitting in huge pile of mementos that have to be repacked(!).

Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Nik - I'm so proud of you! That's amazing that you had the strength to 'go there' and rescue the stuff you really love.
    Spoonie - welcome! Glad you liked the thread.

Smiles,
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    Here's a funny clip- old Age activated Attention Disorder.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    S
    S
    Hey, that's me in the movie!

Or could be...

Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM