Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 60 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 98 of 268 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 267 268
    That's awesome.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick
    H
    H
    BWBShari - good job to your son!

I
    I
    Love it! Thanks for sharing that with us.

Ds10 is putting up nicely with my asking him to continue with Algebra; since we started this fall to see how he would do, I figured why stop now?
    He is doing really well and has even been enjoying completing the easier math in school, oddly enough.

DD7 just finished reading the young reader version of Three Cups of Tea and she wrote a response to it for school. (she chose the book) She then brought the book, her analysis and the picture book Listen to the Wind ( the young child version of the story) to school to try to convince her teacher to let her class run a pennies for peace campaign!
    She did a project on Listen to the Wind last year for school and wrote a letter to Greg Mortenson and sent all of her pennies to his organization. She got a great poster and thank you card back which has just made her want to do more. smile She recently got the magazine from his organization ( Central Asian Institute ) and this rekindled her interested in helping out. She is amazed at the stories and can't believe that a penny can really buy a pencil or that people would think that girls shouldn't be educated. She has got a jar going at home, put one on my desk at work, and is keeping her fingers crossed that her teacher will let her class do a fundraiser at school too.

That's great Chris!

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    T
    T
    DS7 has a student teacher in his class whose family is from Haiti. I spoke to her the other day, and she was absolutely amazed at how "worldly" he was. When I asked what she meant, she told me that they were looking at a globe, and she asked if anyone knew the tiny country that is near Cuba. Andrew was the only one who piped up and said, "HAITI!" Not only that, but he informed her that Haiti recently had a big earthquake and a lot of people were hurt badly, then there was "a flood or something" and now a lot of people were getting sick. Then he asked if they could take a field trip to Haiti to help the people there.
    I was proud that he knew where Haiti was and that he remembered the things that happened there, but even more proud that he was making an active effort to help them. I've always tried to teach him that being smart is awesome, but being a good person is way more important.

I'm still in the new mommy stage, very proud of everything about my kids. And giddy over being a parent. I thought I wouldn't get the chance and I had my kids kind of late in life. This is horribly funny. We stayed the night in a motel in San Antonio. I washed my 2 month old in the sink. The stopper didn't work good and i lost the water too quickly. I added more, making it too cold rather than too hot. I thought I could adjust it warmer quickly. That cold water hit the baby and she rolled over and stood up and tried to walk out of the sink. (chuckling even as I type this). She has been balancing and holding herself straight to sit up, but that is the most coordination I've seen out of this girl yet.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    O
    O
    that's cute.

H
    H
    La Texican - that's so cute.

Page 98 of 268 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM