Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 197 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    #908 06/28/06 12:13 AM
    W
    W
    My older son was so verbally precocious and very thoughtful in his reasoning.

One night when he was 19 months old, we were driving home in the late night under a full moon. Ed pipes up and says, "Momma is the moon a hole or a ball?" The weird thing was he still talked like a baby, unable to pronounce the "th" sound. It just sounded so peculiar.

Then another time I was reading "GoodNight Moon" and "I Love You Forever" to him and he stopped me with tears in his eyes (same age, around 19 months) and said, "Oh don't wead these again and again. Der too sad, just too sad and lonely."

When he was 4 he took a DNA molecule for show n tell at preschool. (unbeknownst to me, I knew enough by then to disguise those things in the regular world) His teacher called me and told me she knew I thought he was so smart, but any kid could have been told to say those things!!

sigh.

Willa Gayle
    #909 07/04/06 12:05 AM
    W
    W
    When Mite was 2, he knew every brand and model of car and every type of industrial vehicle. We'd drive through the streets with him yelling out the names of every car. He developed a game called, " ______ Alert" where we had to shout the name of an interesting car when we saw one ((Miata, Hummer, PT Cruiser, Porshe, VW Bug, etc.)) and then shout "ALERT" so we'd all turn and look.

One time his grandpa came up to visit and was impressed with The Mite's game and asked Mite, "How can you tell which car is which?"

Mite replied, "I just look at the envelope." (emblem)

:^)

Willa Gayle
    Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM