Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 216 guests, and 18 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 93 of 268 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 267 268
    Originally Posted by La Texican
    Look what I just did today...she's a Girl! laugh laugh laugh
    Great Job La Tex!

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    La Tex,

Just saw your picture, what a cutie. A huge congratulations!

My brag is that DS just got back his first test in his new math class - he got 100%!

smile

E
    E
    Originally Posted by blob
    Congratulations, La Texican!! You have a beautiful family!

And congratulations, Shari! Great to hear how well your little (not so little any more!) guy is doing!

BWBShari - That's what I was thinking... what happeneed to your ds6?

La Texican - What joy! Congrats!

Lori H - Thanks for sharing the stories. how wonderful for your son. learning about himself, recognizing strengths, building confidence, new experiences, and more! all good stuff!

This is the only place I can post this since my parents and sister and facebook friends can't listen to me brag anymore! My son is doing so well at his new gifted school. The teacher just told us at his IEP meeting (he's 2e autism) that he is the best student in every subject, he gets along so well with his classmates that he is the one usually chosen to be an errand buddy, and he is polite and charming. She said she looks at his paper first to use as a key for grading the other kids. My little hellion apparently only makes an appearance at recess...:)

S
    S
    DS6 took his first unit math test with his 4th grade class (and really his first real test other than spelling tests). He got a 96%. I am very proud of him, but also kind of happy that he didn't get 100% as he always seems to get everything right.

And a funny story to go along with this. He has a spelling test today and his homework last night was supposed to be to study. He looked at his homework sheet and very seriously said "study? What does it mean to study?" LOL. Funny, but kind of sad. I had to explain to him that sometimes you don't get something right away and have to review it and go over it to help you learn the information. He was a little perplexed. It's not that he hasn't had things he has to work at (like strategy games and such) but academics in general has never been something he has had to look at more than once. I am hopeful as time goes on and he continues to be accelerated that he will have to study for something to learn that skill. Don't want him to be shocked when college comes.

O
    O
    cricket3- I agree it huge to have a teacher get your child even if others don't.

S
    S
    Awesome Shari, that is so great to see maturity like that and just general responsibility. It's awesome when they rise to the challenge.

And congrats La Texican, beautiful baby girl!

Cricket - that is awesome about your son's GT teacher, it also says a lot about your son. smile

Congrats Tex~!

Finally catching up with everyone's great stories. And the sweetest little baby pic - congrats La Texican!

G
    G
    DS 5 went to the park today and they were decorating pumpkins using felt stickers. After decorating the front he seemed to want to keep working on it so we suggest he do what the other kids were doing and make another face on the back of the pumpkin but he refused. He then turned his pumpkin around and started to put sticker on it so we figured he had decided to put another face on it. When he was done he turned it around for us to see. He had made a row of triangles and used a smiley mouth at the end of it. We weren't sure what it was so he explains, " It's his vertebrae and this at the bottom is his coccyx."

Page 93 of 268 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM