Good morning. Thanks for everyone's info about the Slosson screen. Aparently my question last week was well timed as the school administered it and agreed that the results (in the 150 range) supported continuing testing. In fact some of the comments reported to me by the classroom teacher indicate that the screener was quite impressed with DD.

On to my next question. Does anyone have any personal information about a test called RIAS, Reynolds Intellectual Assessment Scales? This is the test the school will use next, but it doesn't seem much different than the screen - only takes about 35 minutes, but does include distinct subtests. From my quick research I found one reference that it appears to correlate reasonably well with WISC. But most of the info I've found is promotional, so not much information on the limitations or concerns with this test.

If this is an appropriate test for the school's purpose, I'm OK with that, but I'm still trying to decide whether to move forward with private testing for DD and weighing pros and cons. Any advice would be welcome!

Prissy