Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 92 of 268 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 267 268
    Congrats La Texican!!

Mr W (2y8Mos) has been composing his own lyrics lately. "Twinkle Twinkle Traffic Stoplight" is just one example. And "Daddy, Look at the Bare Bear's Booty." had him in hysterics at his own alliteration last night. This morning he came up with "Waaah" words for each letter of the alphabet, ie "O - OH NO!!" and "Z-Zats not funny!!'

B
    B
    Awwww! SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Congrats La Tex!

Congratulations, Tex! I love the name - one I seriously wanted to use for our family! Hope you and your whole family are doing well.

J
    J
    Originally Posted by La Texican
    Look what I just did today...she's a Girl! laugh laugh laugh

Beautiful - what was her Apgar score?

Kidding! Congratulations!

Thanks guys. I couldn't be happier. I have a boy and a girl. Life is perfect. I don't know her score, or even what time she was born, I was so tired when she got here. I'll find out her time of birth Friday when I go for the paperwork lol.
    The hubby wouldn't let me buy towels that said "mamma's girl" and he bought the one's that say "daddy's princess" instead. And wyatt's been showing off to everyone- "that's my sister."

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    DS7 has been in his new school as a 6/7th grader for 5 weeks. He got his first progress report today and is getting a B in pre-algebra, a B+ in science and an A in LA. The change has been amazing. He doesn't complain about the work load at all! He's working really hard and I'm so proud of him. Who knew that there was perserverance in there?

Brag #2... He had to write a research paper for his science fair project. He's never written more than a couple of paragraphs, ever. He has been working on it for weeks without help. He insisted he could do it himself. When I proofread the finished product I realized that no one had ever explained the term "plagarism" to my son. Being that 7 yo don't as a general rule do research papers, go figure. Anyway, I had to explain it to him and told him that he would have to re-write his paper. Instead of the complete meltdown I expected he went to the computer, opened the file and asked for my help. I read the first paragraph to him out loud and asked him to tell me what he'd just heard. Then I asked him to write it down. We went through two more paragraphs until I was sure that he understood. Two hours and three pages later, he had a new paper. It's wonderful and I wanted to bust with pride at the maturity he showed and his willingness to correct his error.

Last edited by BWBShari; 09/29/10 08:38 PM. Reason: I spell better than I type!

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    B
    B
    Congratulations, La Texican!! You have a beautiful family!

And congratulations, Shari! Great to hear how well your little (not so little any more!) guy is doing!

C
    C
    Awwww...What a beautiful baby girl! Congratulations La Texican! smile smile smile

H
    H
    Congrats La Texican! What a cutie!

Originally Posted by BWBShari
    DS7 has been in his new school as a 6/7th grader for 5 weeks. He got his first progress report today and is getting a B in pre-algebra, a B+ in science and an A in LA. The change has been amazing. He doesn't complain about the work load at all! He's working really hard and I'm so proud of him. Who knew that there was perserverance in there?

Brag #2... He had to write a research paper for his science fair project. He's never written more than a couple of paragraphs, ever. He has been working on it for weeks without help. He insisted he could do it himself. When I proofread the finished product I realized that no one had ever explained the term "plagarism" to my son. Being that 7 yo don't as a general rule do research papers, go figure. Anyway, I had to explain it to him and told him that he would have to re-write his paper. Instead of the complete meltdown I expected he went to the computer, opened the file and asked for my help. I read the first paragraph to him out loud and asked him to tell me what he'd just heard. Then I asked him to write it down. We went through two more paragraphs until I was sure that he understood. Two hours and three pages later, he had a new paper. It's wonderful and I wanted to bust with pride at the maturity he showed and his willingness to correct his error.

This alone shows the maturity level of your son. Great brag!

Page 92 of 268 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM