Hi Deeyana -
I'm good with one day at a time! Is the psychologist at the district level or the school level? Have you explored going to the district level and talking with someone there?
Does your state have special education office? You may be able to get free help there. I believe that there is a rule somewhere that if you submit a request for special ed evaluation in writing that they are required to do on with in 45 days. http://www.wrightslaw.com/ is a good resource for special ed needs. Even though you and I don't think your child has any other exceptionality, if the school thinks so then they have to get busy. If nothing is done for much longer, you may have real special ed needs to deal with: Depression.

For what it's worth my son had a rocky, but acceptable 1st grade, followed by an awful 2nd grade. We had him privatly tested for IQ and achhievement and had numbers that qualified him for Davidson Young Scholars, and still went hunting for ADHD or LD to explain his behavior. Our private child psychologist said, "Well, perhaps he's a bit bored."

Can you have a heart to heart with the principle and see if you can have your son placed with a 2nd grade teacher temporarily until the testing can be accomplished? I don't know if they will say yes, but your son sure doesn't seem to be getting much out of 1st grade.

Love and More Love

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com