Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 210 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22
    M
    M
    Can I come and play? smile I have tried to do flylady myself and always get discouraged, especially with all the kids running around all the time with homeschooling.

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader
    Mel we'd love to have you.

One of the things that I love about FlyLady is the emphasis on trying, not perfection. After all, if I'm wiping out my sink every day, what I don't catch today I'll get tomorrow.

Sink - done
    shoes - on (not lace up though, I think that would get me a look at the office)
    Control Journal - Started (here's where I have a hard time with perfectionism. I want typed lists that are immutable, but that's not life.)

M
    M
    Sink shined last night. My version of shoes are on, although I'll have to try better for the doing hair/face thing tomorrow.

#83395 08/24/10 10:44 AM
    Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Originally Posted by kcab
    One problem I have, Grinity, is that I never actually lose things, in spite of the mess. For some reason, I almost always know where everything (including everyone else's stuff) is. It's a gift and a liability, all rolled in one, as everyone else relies on my memory to quickly locate items.

OT, but I think that this is a definite kind of giftedness, and am waiting for the day when IQ test use this as a subscale. As often as I do loose things, I am the 'go to' girl for finding anything.

I do know of a male who has this trait, but I think that in general it's the females who excel here.

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Originally Posted by Breakaway4
    One problem, I do not have any shoes that lace up except sneakers...hmmmmmmmmmm...I can fulfill the lace up requirement and still be comfy! I actually put on my jeans fresh out of the wash and not the ones I have worn for 3 days that are nice and stretched out. Off to dry my hair.
    I recently began walking every night also and DS9 has me doing sit-ups, push-ups and stretches that he does to stay in shape for gymnastics. Hey, I might have a clean house AND get back in shape by Christmas. That would be a great gift.
    Now, if I could just get a job.....

Breakaway

Hi Breakaway - love those fresh warm jeans! So glad to hear you are doing some 'loving movement.' Sounds like at least one of us has a future in career counseling. ((wink))

I peeked ahead to day 3:
    Today you are doing what we have already done.
    -Getting up and dressing to lace up shoes
    -Keeping your sink shining

Now is the time to start exploring Big Tent. Be sure and read the NEWS. This is where you will find the Daily Flight Plan, the essays and the testimonials.

https://www.bigtent.com/groups/flylady

Here's my hint. If you aren't already on the Flylady mailing list - get a 'dummy' email account that you only use for Flylady. She clutters up that inbox like I've never seen. So be wise and start a seperate email just for her. I love her essays and thoughts and reminders, but only in small amounts. Be safe. Start off with the 'dummy' email account and then if you want, you can always change your email to you main account.

I'm glad tomorrow is a 'catch up day' - I was a little nervous when I saw that shining my sink just once wasn't enough!

Smiles,
    Grinity

J
    J
    I'm still waiting to be able to shine the sink... I do not do dishes, and DH always shines it.

Hmm... maybe I just need to work on step 2?

Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Originally Posted by JJsMom
    I'm still waiting to be able to shine the sink... I do not do dishes, and DH always shines it.

Hmm... maybe I just need to work on step 2?

Way to go DH-JJsMom!

Step 2 sounds like a fine idea - there is so much to try, I'm sure you'll find something.

smiles,
    Grinity

N
    N
    I'll admit that I could really, REALLY use this, but I may never make it to Day 2. The sink is going to do me in!

We have hard water, and hard water buildup around the faucets. Elbow grease is not going to get rid of it. If and when I actually get my shiny sink, I'm going to have to hire a plumber as well, because the faucets leak around the bottom, so the hard water buildup is going to keep coming back.

frown

NJMom #83413 08/24/10 03:13 PM
    C
    C
    Have you tried vinegar?

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail
    Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM