Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 210 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 22 of 268 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 267 268
    We had some friends over to dinner on Saturday night. In an effort to keep DS4 occupied for at least a little bit of time, I asked him to make an 8x8 square on his Geoboard and figure out what the area is. I hardly noticed the quiet as he sat their calculating. After about 5 minutes he triumphantly announced "64!". I looked down to see the paper on which he had carefully written the following: 816243240485664. Evidently he hasn't learned the use of the comma yet.

BB

S
    S
    That's great. My DS4 is all about math too. Constantly doing calculations. This morning he told me in the car that 1,000 Billion = 1 trillion, and then he proceeded to explain it to me and said "do you get it mom?". Yesterday morning when he found out about the 6 more weeks of winter he sighed and said..."that means that I have 18 more days of preschool before spring" (he goes 3x weekly). It's funny because he buried a frisbee in the snow and wasn't sure where it is because it snowed tons more and his teachers said he had to wait until spring to find it.

Anyhow, DD19mo is talking more and more. We went to the museum this weekend and she went on a carousel ride as well. We saw turtles at the museum. when we got home (20 minutes later) and we were getting out of the car she says to me "horsies, turtles, museum.....AGAIN" She cracks me up. I love how she is talking more (except when she vehemently says no about things.. I am not a fan of that communication).

Ds8 received straight A's on this report card (had only 1 b last time) and received some more fun comments from the teach!

Dd2y9m is blowing us away with her eagerness to check out books; her Aunt is babysitting during the day and teaching her and her cousin to read, for fun smile. Dd just read a 'bob' book to me the other evening - we had to put the superbowl on hold to hear her read it - really sounding things out when she got stuck!! :0

Shellymos - sounds fun! (more amazing is that your dd probably has the energy to go back and do it all again!!!)

This AM, Mr W's ( 12m3w) pants kept slipping down and he would trip over the pant leg around his heels when he walked.

He finally got annoyed and stooped to put his toothbrush down, stood up, pulled his pants up until he looked like Erkel, then got his toothbrush and started walking again.

LOL!!!

Cute! What is it with tots and toothbrushes, anyway? There's a very bright little 2yo who comes with mom to pick up her sister at my DS5's preschool. She has been carrying a toothbrush, still in it's wrapping, for the past few weeks now, and she's very proud of it. smile

My DS5 sort of amazed me last night, because his thought hadn't occurred to me. I was reading one of the Narnia books to him (Voyage of the Dawn Treader), and Lucy had just found a city of undersea people. DS5 said "Lucy is always the first to discover things" and he mentioned the wardrobe, and Mr. Tumnus, from earlier books in the series. He was so matter of fact in his discovery.

Originally Posted by st pauli girl
    Cute! What is it with tots and toothbrushes, anyway?

I wish I knew. He likes to carry it around in his teeth, babbling out of the other side of his mouth. If he had a Corn Cob pipe, he'd look and sound like a Jr Popeye!

B
    B
    well, this isn't really a "brag" but I did laugh.

We were watching "Kung Fu Panda" (awesome, by the way) and there was a fighting scene with a groin shot. Ds6/9 were cracking up, I wasn't, and DS9 said "mom, you just don't appreciate physical humor"

maybe you had to be there whistle

My 4yo was telling me about watching an Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, and he recently told me in a very serious voice that it was "not appropriate for moms" because it had fart humor in it.

I laughed and laughed! laugh

Not a brag, but a funny for sure!

Kriston
    Kriston,

In a house of 5 boys, I can relate... My children refer to it as "poop humor"!

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    Today I played a freshly burned compilation of Backyardigans songs for DD 26 mos. in the car. It's one of three shows I let her watch - we both love it. Anyway, from the backseat, she correctly idenfied which character was singing which part, for solos, duets, and trios, even on the songs we've never heard before.

Okay, maybe that's not GT, but DD clearly has the same excellent but useless ability to identify voices correctly. I guess I'm bragging that she's like me. wink

Page 22 of 268 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM