Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 85 of 268 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 267 268
    B
    B
    A few little brags here, one not quite a gifted brag, but still cool.
    1. We got her (DD14's) schedule yesterday, we went to her locker afterwards, and looked at some of her classes. When we were leaving, she had to go to band practice, but wanted to compare schedules with her friends, so kept it, and then a few seconds later, she said "but I have it memorized anyway, so I guess you can have it." I said something about "you might know the classes and the teachers, but do you know the room number?" She proceeded to repeat back her schedule in order, complete with class, teacher, *and* room number. (okay, she missed one room number, but I still think that was *kind* of brag worthy) She then went on to tell me how much she like her locker combo because of some math thing that was over my head.
    2. She proceeded on to band practice. The brag here is that she is started band with 3 years less experience than the other kids, and had to learn how to play the saxophone over the summer. She's had band camp for 8 hours a day all this week in the Texas heat, and I think she's having a lot of fun, and appreciating having something to do. Last night, the band marched in a parade and played some fun songs for us.

Granddaughter(9) just got the results of her state reading & math assessments. My sweetie scored a perfect score on the math portion, and in the upper portion of the reading. My daughter was shocked, I was not! smile

OK, don't know if this is a brag or not but it sure was funny. I always read or have dd5 read a bedtime story at night. The other night she wanted me to read the dicionary. I said "are you sure?" and she said "yes I need to know the meaning to all words."

Skylersmommy: That's funny because today my son made a "party" for his stuffed animals and one activity center was for dictionary reading....He set up two chairs facing each other with a stuffed in each chair and they each had an open dictionary on their lap! Nan

It's not a brag, but it's a funny. �Wyatt was Skypping with Grandma and my little nephew. �When they were done talking I heard my mom calling my sister saying, "how do you turn this off?". Wyatt closed the Skyppe and shut down the computer using the start button and the log off like your supposed to. �Of course I had to call mom and tell her. �The next game show they're going to make is, "Are You Smarter Than a Two Year Old?"

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    T
    T
    PMc--that's so nice. I remember when DD was five and had a kindergarten ceremony in which students were called up one at a time and given something to commemorate the occasion. Afterwards her teacher made a point of coming up to me and telling me that she was the only student who thought to stop and say "thank you". Made my whole week smile

H
    H
    Originally Posted by La Texican
    It's not a brag, but it's a funny. �Wyatt was Skypping with Grandma and my little nephew. �When they were done talking I heard my mom calling my sister saying, "how do you turn this off?". Wyatt closed the Skyppe and shut down the computer using the start button and the log off like your supposed to.

That's so funny!

DS20mo doesn't know how to shut down computers because we don't ever shut down ours.

When DS is done skypping, he closes the laptop.

H
    H
    DS20mo loves puzzles, but I usually have to "work" with him on brand new ones.

DH bought a brand new 24-piece puzzle yestday. Without any help, DS finished the puzzle all by himself. That took me by surprise.

It always surprises me how much little ones can do!

Last edited by HelloBaby; 08/18/10 02:33 PM.
    Originally Posted by NanRos
    Skylersmommy: That's funny because today my son made a "party" for his stuffed animals and one activity center was for dictionary reading....He set up two chairs facing each other with a stuffed in each chair and they each had an open dictionary on their lap! Nan

Too cute! Too bad we don't live closer the kids could have a dictionary party,lol

To add to this, she's been reading it every night this week, the other day she said "whoever wrote this book is really smart!"

Tonight DD decided she needed to deconstruct a rainbow. She first did dashes with each individual color in a straight line and then she did what I can best describe as a ripple in the pond but reach ripple was a different color. I couldn't help but laugh at her 'deconstruction' and think about Top Chief.

And tonight when I put her to bed she argued that she still saw blue outside which is the opposite of night time. Yes but when you're in the middle of summer and daylight savings time you have to disregard the blue.

Page 85 of 268 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM