Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 200 guests, and 17 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 21 of 268 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 267 268
    This one was just cute! I was talking to my FS9 about the difference between being a leader and a follower. I worry about him because he truly believes in the goodness of people. I don't want him to get conned into doing something that he shouldn't.

DS6 quietly listened to the conversation. When I left the table, DS6 followed me to quietly inform me that I needn't worry about him. I asked why and he told me "I'm a leader all the way to my blood cells!" I was proud of him for not bringing it up in front of FS9, who would have thought he was being teased.

I just love my family!!!

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    just too cute! I love this thread!

Originally Posted by mizzoumommy
    Then she read aloud a loud a couple of sentences and said, "I feel silly! I feel so giggly inside! Reading is great it make me feel bubbly inside."

I'm so glad that she's found her love of reading, again!

This is SO cute! I hope you write down this quote to read again when she is older...how sweet!

Dh was doing soemthing with dd yesterday (playdoh I think? I was in teh kitchen). He said how many did I make, can you count them? And dd proceded to count to six...in spanish! We have never taught her spanish, but she picked it up somewhere! Now that we made a big deal of it, she is asking how to say all sorts of things in spanish! I'm going to have to start learning the language!

DD5m is mobile now! She started scooting all over the place in the past couple of days. She gets up on her knees and tips on to her face a lot, but is getting around pretty well with an army crawl. Time to break out the baby gates again.

skyward ... how exciting and scary at the same time! You are so going to have your hands full!

And oneisenough: I find it so funny that your DD is so much like my DD. Just the other day out of the blue she started counting in Spanish. Granted I taught her how to count in Spanish during a day about 2 months ago but she hasn't brought it up since so I was a little shocked that she started using it the other day. I swear they just lock things away to be used whenever they feel like it.

B
    B
    Had to add...this is a make you laugh and brag post :-) We were using a behavior program for DS5 a few weeks ago before his 6th birthday that involved check marks and if he had less than 8 check marks by the end of the week, he got to choose a special activity to do from a list he made. It was the end of the week and he had no check marks at all for the whole week for awesome behavior...so he strolled into the kitchen and said, I can get 8 checkmarks all today and still be able to pick my reward. We changed our program around after that :-)

Originally Posted by skyward
    DD5m is mobile now! She started scooting all over the place in the past couple of days. She gets up on her knees and tips on to her face a lot, but is getting around pretty well with an army crawl. Time to break out the baby gates again.

This reminds me of that time when Mr W first became mobile. He spent more time going backwards than forward!!

Sometimes when I am making dinner, I will put on the news - and at times there are things that I don't want my dd3 to hear, so I will put it on mute and the closed captioning will come on. So the other day they are talking about how, exactly, the woman became pregnant with octuplets and I decide to mute the TV. I notice dd3 intently watching the words go by on the screen... I am thinking to myself - no way... she can not read that, can she? Two seconds later she asks me... mommy, what's a sperm donor??? Mouth open.... so much for the closed captioning trick!

Originally Posted by mom123
    I notice dd3 intently watching the words go by on the screen... I am thinking to myself - no way... she can not read that, can she? Two seconds later she asks me... mommy, what's a sperm donor??? Mouth open.... so much for the closed captioning trick!

Seriously funny! You know those are not sight words.

Page 21 of 268 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 267 268

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 04/16/24 10:53 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM