Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 321 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    I
    I
    D15 is the BEST companion at museums, especially history or science museums. Like me, she likes to read every sign, study every exhibit, and really absorb all the material. We take forever... and that is the way we both like it! She and I had the greatest time at the Newseum in DC last year doing this, too.

My daughter, 12, on her People to People trip to DC, loved Newseum. I don't remember this being there when I was in DC in 1986. She still talks about this place. It must be special.

I
    I
    Yes, we went to the Newseum because D went on her 7th grade class trip to DC. When we went there on vacation last fall, I asked if there was anything she wanted to do again. The Newseum was at the top of her list! It is a museum about... news. It is a VERY robust multi-story museum full of info on news stories and news media. It is a little pricy (or just seems so, since all the government-run museums on the Mall are free), but we got a solid half day of entertainment out of it, and honestly could have stayed longer smile

D15's older sister (in college) just made her first visit last week. D15 told her to "say hi to the First Amendment exhibit for me"!

T
    T
    It is worth all the sleepless nights. Hang in there!

Oh my goodness.... my favourite thing is the amazing empathy and HUGE heart. She just loves so much. And she wants everyone to know how much. She worries that they may doubt it or not understand it and that upsets her. I really love how she 'gets' things. Picks up on people's body language and tone of voice. She just seems to know when someone needs a hug or needs some space. I feel humbled on a daily basis. When I grow up, I want to be just like her.

I also get a kick out of being asked thousands of questions each day. I long ago gave up trying to appear smarter and now her smart alec saying is, "Never mind, I'll just check with Magic Google... he knows everything." Wow, wish I had a magic eight ball like that when I was little.

I want to add that she was a horrible sleeper. Up six to eight times every night until she was over a year. I felt like she was sucking the life out of me. Even now, at 7, she never stops and sleeps little compared to others her age.

Last edited by kathleen'smum; 05/27/10 05:07 PM.

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery
    A
    A
    ~Sensitive (in the good way)
    ~Kind-hearted
    ~Very, very, smart (I learn things from my sister every day)
    ~Helpful
    ~Funny

That's all I can think of at the moment--trust me, there's much more. I hope this helps--and I hope you'll be okay. smile

smile
    C
    C
    I don't have to let her win at board games and we threw out candyland when she turned 2.

Warning: sleep deprived
    Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM