Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 237 guests, and 16 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    L
    OP Offline
    L
    Yes, this has been the most stressful thing I've been through...and I was a trial attorney! Last night she only cried a couple of minutes so I'm hoping she'll continue that trend. smile

I'll be hoping for you too smile

Another good thing about gifted children is that they grow and change so quickly that the problems of today will change very quickly. Though sometimes it doesn't feel like it at the time!

M
    M
    DS4 knows calender/time very well

If I don't know what the date is , he will tell me

Also he remeber's me family mememer's, his friends, teacher's birthday, so I won't miss the birthday card

He remeber me the bus coming in a few mins, so I won't miss it

He tell me how to get to friend's home when I got lost

He tell me where to get eggs in super market and how much are they...or something on special, cause 20% off..

How handy is THAT!!!:-)

S
    S-T Offline
    S
    Originally Posted by Dottie
    Originally Posted by Mathboy[/u
    He tell me where to get eggs in super market and how much are they...or something on special, cause 20% off..
    Oh Mathboy, you brought back a funny memory from a few years back, though my girls were not as enthralled. Kohl's always seems to have sales, and nothing is ever the initial price. Poor DS had to go on a shopping adventure with two older sisters who were starting to enjoy clothes. He kept a runny tally of their purchases, with every new sale price. It was "handy", but it drove my girls nuts. I guess from the GT boy's perspective, it's one more way to annoy older sisters, whistle .

LOL! Elder dd cannot stand shopping with ds too. He is too practical and he is knows the real value of stuff! grin

M
    M
    Dottie, S-T

I found that GT kids are so different in life compare with other normal kids, but they are so similar with other GT kids.

Everytime I read stories here, I would think, How amazing are them!!

^_^

B
    B
    mathboy,

This is sooo true.

I can't find anyone really to share these stories with and who can relate to them as well as other GT parents!

This thing about cheaper groceries, kids having sarcastic humour, making up experiments to test for God (yes, that's mine) etc can be interpreted so differently by well meaning but un-clued-in folks. I really don't mean to be snobbish about things. I just want understanding and someone to laugh with!

Love these stories too!

If I cannot find something, I ask Mr W (26 mos) where it is. Most of the time he has picked it up and played with it. Sometimes, not, but he knows where they are.

Like this weekend, I saw him with my phone. An hour later, I asked him where it was, and he showed me. Same with my keys, which he had been playing with.

Then DW was looking for her keys and he showed here where I had put them!!

A few weeks ago we were at the park. A family was looking for the dad's keys. We asked Mr W if he had seen some keys and he walked over to where they were.

Mr W can unload the dishwasher by himself. He can sweep, swiffer, and mop, too. He can load the clothes washer and move clothes to the dryer. Brings in the groceries and takes out ( drags out ) the trash. He can also cut up soft foods and will stir a pot.

Another fun thing is his singing. He can do on key or change to a gruff gutteral Johnny Cash rendition. Sometimes he will bang away on his kiddie piano and belt out a song.

Another fun thing is when he wants something and tries to use charm. He will look us in the eye, smile, ask for it, then smile bigger and wiggle his eye brows.

The darkest days were when he would not sleep through the night. We had to make several adjustments as well as just let him cry it out.

Originally Posted by Dottie
    Poor DS had to go on a shopping adventure with two older sisters who were starting to enjoy clothes. He kept a runny tally of their purchases, with every new sale price. It was "handy", but it drove my girls nuts. I guess from the GT boy's perspective, it's one more way to annoy older sisters, whistle .

LOL! This would be a good youtube vid.

Originally Posted by Ellipses
    My daughter (12) has always been an interesting companion. She does not bore easily like most kids her age. When she was young, I could take her to art galleries, museums, or practically anything and she would point out cool things to me and would be totally into it.

She gets really interested in her studies and always looks up more on any subject. I enjoy discussing things with her since she always brings an interesting viewpoint.

I am looking forward to this. Thanks for bringing it up. He already points out stuff we do not see and is starting to ask questions.

B
    B
    I love these stories!

Our ds8 leaves me little notes all the time. I commented on them once, and he said he was going to beat the Guinness world record for love notes to his mom. (melt)

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM