Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 318 guests, and 27 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    OP Offline
    Hi there. My DS has completed about 94% of the Aleks level 3 math. When have you moved your child up a level? Did you wait to fill in the entire pie or move up when they neared mastery? The problem I see is that now that he doesn't have too many options of areas to work in, he doesn't seem to want to finish those last areas (not sure why) and chooses to do quicktables instead. Practicing his times tables is fine, but I thought moving him up may encourage him to get back to concepts - but I don't want to do it if he will miss material and have a gap in knowledge.

Thanks. Cat

Last edited by Catalana; 03/16/10 01:45 PM.
    D
    D
    Oodles of overlap. I don't remember the exact overlap from 3rd -> 4th, but from 5th -> 6th, there was 80%+ of the "pie" filled in to start.

Just for a sense of completion, we had our son push through to 100% full pie (ALEKS sent the "ready to move up" email after about 90%, I think). I didn't want him to save the least palatable for last and think he could get out of doing those.

Being offended is a natural consequence of leaving the house. - Fran Lebowitz

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM