Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 237 guests, and 16 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Sounds like you'd make a great TV show though, Botchan. laugh

Kriston
    B
    B
    Yes, Kriston. With these colorful casts, there's always some kind of drama is going on in our neuro-diverse household! tired

B
    B
    Going back to the original topic.....
    My DS9 who talks about Number theory or some math theory for hours in an articulate manner somehow has very hard time making phone calls. He gets very nervous talking on the phone, and if no one picks up, he leaves no message except for heavy breathing......(from anxiety) When he called home for the first time, I thought it was from some pervert! crazy

P
    phroggy Offline OP
    OP Offline
    P
    Ha! I love the show BONES.
    I love the characters, but I thought that was because I am, as my husband calls me, a "geek groupie."
    I'm not a "geek," but all my chosen friends are self-proclaimed geeks, as well as my husband and son.
    I'm more of an "Angela," from BONES, except with the compulsive up-tightness of Temperance.
    Hubby is a Leonard from BIG BANG THEORY. I have yet to see Son on TV. He seems to be one of a kind. smile

Age-Gap parenting a 2e 12-year-old and an 8-month-old
    M
    M
    You know you have a 2e grandchild (gs5) when he qualifies for Mensa and wets his pants all at the same time.

S
    S
    You know you have a 2E kid when they are 9 and can play Beethoven but still can't tie their own shoes..button their own pants and have no clue what to do with a belt.
    Another prime but sad example..moving from an GIEP to an IEP and the teachers have no clue how to fill out the paperwork. Apparently, they have never had a gifted kid with issues before in our school.

Originally Posted by sajechma
    Another prime but sad example..moving from an GIEP to an IEP and the teachers have no clue how to fill out the paperwork. Apparently, they have never had a gifted kid with issues before in our school.

More likely, they have, but they just didn't know it!

M
    M
    ...when at 4 he gets dysregulated at the store because there is a crying baby nearby and as he's freaking out because he can't handle loud noises i ask him if he is going to be ok and he responds in spelling, "n-o....i am d-o-n-e." ....and no one ever taught him how to spell that word.

M
    M
    I know this is an old thread, but I am new and this is hysterical!

.... when your 4 can sit still for hours studying his human body books but has to stand next to the table to eat because he is "...putting energy in, and needs to get energy out..."

.... his SPED teacher says she is going to need to brush up on her science skills over the summer during a meeting to discuss his IEP for next year.

.... you are fairly certain your child will still have training wheels at the age of ten because when asked if he would like to learn to go without this summer he responds, "I don't think that would be a very good idea, I could crack my skull and damage my brain and lose all my knowledge. We should probably wait until I am at least five or maybe six."

S
    S

.... you are fairly certain your child will still have training wheels at the age of ten because when asked if he would like to learn to go without this summer he responds, "I don't think that would be a very good idea, I could crack my skull and damage my brain and lose all my knowledge. We should probably wait until I am at least five or maybe six." [/quote]

That is funny Mamabird! We ran into similar problems with my now 9DD. She still is not comfortable riding but no longer has training wheels. The reason? She couldn't stand the kiddie decorations on the bikes with training wheels. We still have to push and prod her to ride her bike..her response, "What do you WANT me to get hurt?"

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM