Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 286 guests, and 16 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21
    G
    G
    Not today! frown

None here either. frown

Kriston
    Kriston #70767 03/08/10 04:46 PM
    M
    M
    Well, at least I know I am not the only one sitting and waiting and wondering.....Didn't help at all that he walked out of the test saying that he might have gotten one of the questions wrong......

ONE!!!???? Made me extra special curious.....

Mary

Mary
    mayreeh #70775 03/08/10 06:37 PM
    N
    N
    I am new here and want to say hello to everyone.

DS8 took EXPLORE through WATS on Jan 23. Still no result. I called ACT Customer Service this afternoon and was told that they haven't sent out EXPLORE result yet. They will do that in next couple of weeks. We should receive the score by end of March. I told her the test packet said we should get our result in early March. She repeated that we should get our result by end of March. Has anyone heard anything like this?

Cel

Dottie #70780 03/08/10 07:56 PM
    C
    C
    Originally Posted by Dottie
    One thing I learned back in my OCD/Explore days was that ACT made different deals with different talent searches. Not to pick on poor Cel here on her very first post, but WATS could very well be lower on the list than say one of the other searches.
    Well, that sucks! frown Dd#1's SAT scores through WATS came quite quickly. We aren't late at all yet on the Explore scores for dd#2 since she didn't take it until 2/20, but that does leave me concerned that we won't get them by the end of March as we were told. This concerns me for two reasons:

1) We really need them to get all the scores together so they can send out those awards ceremony letters so I know if I need to try to rearrange dd#1's choir performance schedule for that day. From what the director down there told me anecdotally when I was speaking with her a few weeks ago for a different thing, we do probably expect her to get into the awards with her SAT CR &/or writing scores, but I'm not counting on it until I see the letter.

2) I need want the Explore info from dd#2's testing so I can see where I get with her school re GT identification. I haven't heard anything back from the school coordinator in the past week since she told me that she would check with the district as to whether they could use the "alternate" data of an individual achievement test over a group achievement test mad in concert with IQ scores. We all know that individual achievement tests are so much less accurate than group tests... crazy

Dottie #70782 03/08/10 08:03 PM
    N
    N
    Nope. I asked if they have an estimate on when the EXPLORE result will be sent out. The lady on the other end said "We haven't sent out EXPLORE result yet....". No specifics. Hey, as Dottie said, there's always hope. Maybe, maybe the lady on the other end is new? Maybe she meant something else?

ncal #70818 03/09/10 06:21 AM
    M
    M
    I was really hoping to see them by the end of March too. I have another meeting with the Director of Curriculum coming up. crazy

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader
    ncal #70819 03/09/10 06:21 AM
    A
    A
    I haven't gotten them either. I am in the same city as CMITES and my son took the test at the CMITES testing center. I wasn't even worrying, but then I read the thread and suddenly I am hyper aware of it.

Artana #70823 03/09/10 08:00 AM
    G
    G
    That is just bogus! (As my ds would say). They specifically state that results scores for January testers will be mailed in early March and Febuary testers at the end of March. 6-8 weeks is a ridiculous amount of time to wait. When I took my boards, I had my results before I even left!!
    Maybe I will call today too.

O
    O
    I sent a email today and asked when the results would be available.

Is this typical that they go beyond the promised timeline?

Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 04/08/24 12:40 PM