Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2
    OP Offline
    I've read the reviews on Amazon, etc. already. Has anyone here read it? If so, was it any good?

DD12, 7th. Dx'd ADHD/GAD. No IQ test. EXPLORE & SAT just miss DYS but suspect HG+
    M
    M
    Haven't read it, but the title sounds like it would apply to one or both of my children.... I'm off to Amazon...

Mary

Mary
    B
    B
    I just reserved it at our library!

Sounds just up our alley...

thanks!

I own it and read parts of it. It's on deck for my summer reading. If you have specific questions I could take a look and see if it addresses them. At the time my library didn't have it as I'm a checker outer before a buyer ha ha ha. I liked the suggestions it gave about helping DC to clean their room and so many times you find them laying on the bed reading rather than cleaning. HHmm maybe I should read this book this weekend.

T
    T
    Originally Posted by Dazed&Confuzed
    I liked the suggestions it gave about helping DC to clean their room and so many times you find them laying on the bed reading rather than cleaning

I didn't think anything could make me laugh out loud today--but that did. Our Saturday frustration cleaning ritual to a T! Last week we didn't even manage a complete loop from front hall-to bedroom-to front hall when already running late (she had been sent to retrieve a costume for a performance). When I went to check to see what was taking so long....you guessed it---stretched out on her bed with a book! crazy

S
    S
    It is out at our library...have it on hold too. It sounds right up our alley...I love the one about the room. DS frequently forgets what he is going somewhere to do. If you ask him "what were you supposed to be doing?" it usually jogs his memory. It is much worse when he is tired or thinking of a million things. Every time he goes into his room to get something he is up there forever. He will get distracted by something and will usually either be building something or reading something. Homework can be quite annoying if he is not focused. If he is focused he moves quickly...but without redirection it can take forever as he will start humming, looking around, doodling,etc.

K
    K
    I should get it. Not just for my kid but for me too.

S
    S
    I just accidentally happened upon Smart But Scattered at the library today and brought it home - our branch is extremely small, so this is a fun free treat! Not sure when I'll have time to read it. I also happened to find Nurture Shock, but I'm not sure I need to read it after that nice long thread smile

D
    D
    "...read it?"

Ha -- I've lived with the curse my whole life.

I read a couple chapters at a friend's house and have since added it to my wishlist @ Amazon. Great book. Too late to help with myself, but maybe we can help our kids a bit.

Being offended is a natural consequence of leaving the house. - Fran Lebowitz
    I think I read it - or was that Late, Lost and Unpossessed - or Even Smart People Put the Ice Cream Away in the Cupboard Sometimes - Gosh it sounds familiar but "Hey, I love this commercial!" - ummmmmm I mean "What was the question?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM