Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 248 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    C
    C
    Hi it's Nicole from Coromega again! LadybugMom, although our gummies do not have the 300% better absorption rate like our Omega3 Squeezes, they were designed for those, especially children, who would rather take their vitamins in a chewable candy-like format. Each serving still contains 50 mg of DHA and 10 mg of EPA, so your children are still getting their much-needed omega-3�s. The Coromega Omega3 Squeeze is still our corner-stone product, but we know not everyone will enjoy the taste or texture so wanted to give another option. Hi Cecilia, we completely understand your concerns and appreciate your response. We focus our product on providing as much DHA as possible, which is important for a child�s brain development and our gummies have the DHA and EPA that is much-needed. Our additional ingredients are included for flavoring purposes and the fumaric acid is used for the sour coating in the gummies. If you�re worried about any of the ingredients, we do recommend trying our sugar-free Omega3 Squeeze or contacting our offices at 877-275-3725 for answers to your questions. We are always here to help! Thank you for all of your comments.

Originally Posted by JJsMom
    Originally Posted by Catalana
    Both my kids get Omega's - there are studies that suggest it decreases the incidence of bipolar and schizophrenia. Bipolar runs in my family and my DS is left handed, both of which are potentially related, so I feel like this is a tiny potential safeguard.

Really? Interesting.

It seems I need to make my own shopping list.

Just saw this old thread and wanted to just add this:

"In 1996, the Journal of the American Medical Association published a study comparing the prevalence of depression across ten nations. The survey yielded eye-opening results in showing how the lifetime and annual rates for depression vary widely from country to country (eg 1.5 in every 100 adults in Taiwan experience depression in their lifetimes while the figure is 19 for every 100 adults in Beirut). A 1998 study published in The Lancet compared this data with fish consumption, finding the higher consuming populations experienced less depression.

A 2003 study published in the American Journal of Psychiatry compared similar cross-national epidemiological data - this time involving bipolar disorder - and seafood consumption, again finding a strong correlation."

Cat

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM