Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 239 guests, and 35 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
    JenSMP Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Another great day on 10 mg (lower dose)! What a relief!

JenSMP Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Thanks Lauren! We are so happy right now. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but just trying to enjoy the moment. : )

A
    A
    I haven't read through everyone else's reply because I'm in a hurry, but I wanted to respond!

DS was diagnosed at 6 years old. His doc started him on Concerta. He showed some improvement in attention, but started losing weight almost immediately. This was compounded by the fact that we seemed to constantly have to up the dosage levels. A few months later after we'd moved cities, DS's new pediatrician recommended we switch to Vyvanse. For my son at least, Vyvanse has been a MUCH better choice. He's gained back some of the weight he lost without sacrificing behavioral improvements. It's a better choice for my son and he's tolerated it well over the last couple of years. We've upped the dosage two or three times, but he has been growing. And he doesn't seem to get worse side effects as we up the dose, either. If a parent were asking me which I thought was better, I would say Vyvanse (and the docs I've talked to seem to agree, as well).

That being said, it would tick me off about the insurance company, too! How disturbing that they can apparently override a doc's order like that!

JenSMP Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Alyson,
    I know. I was surprised the insurance company could make that decision, but our doctor said it happens all the time. DS6 is doing quite well on 10 mg Vyvanse. I'm sure at some point we'll have to increase his dose, but this is working well for now. On 20 mg we noticed a decreased appetite but not severely so. With the 10 mg, there's no change in appetite at all. We are very pleased. Maybe the insurance issue was a blessing in disguise! Thanks for your response!

G
    G
    I was first diagnosed with ADHD when i was 30 years i was on Adderall for a while until my prescription got stolen in my apartment i was unable to lay my hands on Adderall for a while until a friend of mine referred me to a certain site .I�ve been getting Adderall from an online pharmacy and I think it�s the best.
    All meds are FDA-approved, and ship from a lotta different pharmacies that they use. They�re the best middlemen.
    With or without a prescription its still possible to order from them
    They�re called www.authenticmeds.com
    Call or text or whats app them at +1916-407-2673

P
    P
    Concerta, vyvanse are all medications used to treat attention deficit disorder . For more info on ADHD medication you can click on www.premuimpharmacy.com

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM