Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 167 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    parentologyco, Smartlady60, petercgeelan, eterpstra, Valib90
    11,410 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    G
    GM5 Offline OP
    OP Offline
    G
    We finally got back GD5's Naglieri (NNAT) test results. Her Ability Score was 136. Minimum to qualify for additional testing for GT program was 126. She will do Stanford (SAT-10) achievement testing next week.

My question is, they did not give us a percentile for her score. Are there standard percentiles/charts available for the NNAT Ability Scores? I would just like to know where that places her percentile-wise.

If anyone else has taken this, perhaps you could let me know what ability score/percentile was to get an idea? Thanks.

To figure out the percentile you can use a calculator like this:

http://www.measuringusability.com/pcalcz.php

the z-score = (standard score - mean standard score)/standard deviation. The standard deviation of the Naglieri is 15, and the mean standard score is 100, so z = (136-100)/15 = 2.4

Plugging that into the calculator on the website (you want to do the one-sided calculation) gives you 99th %ile.

Teach a man to fish...

G
    GM5 Offline OP
    OP Offline
    G
    Cathy and Dottie - Thank you both for your help. I knew I would find help here!

M
    M
    I saw this post and was curious. My one DD took the Naglieri 3 years ago as first of the series of tests she had to take to qualify for the District GT program she is in now. (She also had to take the Stanford 10 for her second round).

The District only provided us the raw score for the Naglieri, so at the time I did not put too much more stock into the test result, other than that she passed. I didn't realize there was an Ability Index that can be translated into percentile, ie more meaningful data.

Does anyone know how you convert a raw Naglieri score into the Ability index? (this was a test taken in 1st grade). I googled, but could not find anything that allowed a layman like me to translate....

I'm just curious, since for this DD, I never had her take an IQ test, as she got into the all-day self-contained GT program of choice w/o it. She also did well in SCAT though, so now I"m curious.
    thanks!

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    California Tries to Close the Gap in Math
    by thx1138 - 03/22/24 03:43 AM
    Gifted kids in Illinois. Recommendations?
    by indigo - 03/20/24 05:41 AM