Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 210 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    streble, DeliciousPizza, prominentdigitiz, parentologyco, Smartlady60
    11,413 Registered Users
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    W
    Wyldkat Offline OP
    OP Offline
    W
    I've considered everything at this point it feels like. I'm not certain about OCD because it isn't every time there is a transition. He has good days and bad days and I think I read OCD isn't an on and off thing, right? Also chiropractic adjustments that help autistic kids help him, but if he is on the spectrum it would probably be non-specified because he doesn't fit into any of the other categories!!!

Also everything has to be "just so", but the "just so" changes. Like the bottle has to be to EXACTLY this level most days but one day it has to be to THIS level or the world will end...

W
    Wyldkat Offline OP
    OP Offline
    W
    Breakaway, it was a similar program, but they changed the laws about who was accepted in July. Before then and he would have qualified. I'd reapply with the video, but he's going to be 3 in Feb. so by the time the paperwork went through he'd be too old for the program.

S
    S
    With OCD, there are certainly good days and bad days. It's simply one more idea to evaluate. If you saw a psychiatrist and explored that route and it did nothing to help then you know it wasn't correct and can cross that one off your list.

W
    Wyldkat Offline OP
    OP Offline
    W
    Quick update on Bear. We've gone through the school district and they can't give him OT because he doesn't have other problems. Good news no autism or other issues, but bad news is there are definite significant sensory and auditory issues. They just aren't enough to get him help. Sigh... Bonus is the psych and OT are going to talk me through home OT, some of which is already working really well. 3 nights and counting without waking up during the night and actually going to bed easily!!!! Woo HOO! They've also lent me a weighted blanket that we're going to try out starting tonight.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Testing with accommodations
    by aeh - 03/27/24 01:58 PM
    Quotations that resonate with gifted people
    by indigo - 03/27/24 12:38 PM
    New, and you'd think I'd have a clue...
    by astronomama - 03/24/24 06:01 AM
    For those interested in astronomy, eclipses...
    by indigo - 03/23/24 06:11 PM
    Son 2e, wide discrepancy between CogAT-Terranova
    by astronomama - 03/23/24 07:21 AM